By: Anonymous: Vince ()  Saturday, 17 September 2011 @ 09:18 AM ICT (Read 2615 times)  

I am at my wits' end as to why my Honda Airblade scooter is being naughty. It starts up fine, idles nicely, but as soon as I start riding and have to slow down for a junction or traffic lights, it stalls. It starts up fine, but again every time I slow down it gives up.

Please help!

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 17 September 2011 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

I assume that the Honda Airblade is a carburetor version, if not you have problems with your PGM-FI unit (which can only be resolved by a Honda dealer).

The Honda Airblade should idle slightly fast when first started as it will be on choke and running a bit rich. Perhaps try raising the tickover, or setting it when warm via the large screw on the side of the carburetor (the Honda Keihin carburetor has the idle screw hidden behind a metal prop, you should remove the metal prop first). Most dealers would do this for you for a few hundred bath.

Failing that, it could just be a case of cleaning the carburetor out as either water is contaminating your float bowl or the pilot jet has become blocked. Both of these should be addressed as part of a normal service.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association