By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Friday, 16 September 2011 @ 08:40 AM ICT (Read 3000 times)  

Hi, I was wondering if somebody could help me, I have a Yamaha R6 with only 3,200km on the clock. I bought the Yamaha R6 after I came to Thailand. I'm just starting to get a bit more confident opeining it up.

For some strange reason the motorcycle won't go over 12,000rpm. I've had it up to 15,000rpm once or twice, but now it won't go over 12,000rpm. It does this in every gear, but when in neutral it revs fully. I had an automatic chain lubricator on the motorcycle, but took it off.

It has a very tine pipe which runs under the back seat of the motorcycle. If you put your finger over the end of the pipe you can feel like a vacuum suction. Would this have anything to do with it? I would be really grateful if somebody could help me please

Johnathan

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Friday, 16 September 2011 @ 10:21 AM ICT  

Sometimes a motorcycle won't rev because it's sucking air into one of the cylinders. Frankly we doubt that this is the case despite your chain oiler being taken off. We're sure that it you put it back on the engine will behave just the same. The simple test is to clamp or plug the pipe and then ride the motorcycle.

Is your engine management light on? If so, your ECU could be running in safety mode having detected a problem, which would limit the revs. If that's the case you should definitely have the engine management light on.

Beyond that your could be dealing with some kind of ECU or sensor failure. Get it into your Yamaha dealer for a proper inspection.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 21 September 2011 @ 03:41 PM ICT  

Have you tried http://www.r6-forum.com

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Wednesday, 21 September 2011 @ 04:11 PM ICT  

The R6 revs again normal, I remembered that I asked a Thai mechanic to help me to synchronize the carburetors, and the Yamaha dealer found that the Thai mechanic had forget to put the gasket back so it was sucking air into one or more cylinders....

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 21 September 2011 @ 04:33 PM ICT  

Okay, you have a pre-2002 Yamaha R6... and I was thinking something with a fuel-injection.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: SD ()  Wednesday, 21 September 2011 @ 06:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: Johnathan

The R6 revs again normal, I remembered that I asked a Thai mechanic to help me to synchronize the carburetors, and the Yamaha dealer found that the Thai mechanic had forget to put the gasket back so it was sucking air into one or more cylinders....

Lesson learnt...

ALWAYS go to the OEM Dealer for Service & Maintenance

The OEM's are not expensive here in Thailand so we have no reason not too.

Cheers

SD

By: Anonymous: Johnathan ()  Wednesday, 21 September 2011 @ 06:20 PM ICT  

The problem was that Yamaha Thailand, first not wanted to look at the bike, later when my girl ask one of the mechanics direct things changed.

Also another motorcycle shop suggested by some people wanted a 20,000 baht entrance few before mechanics would look at the bike.

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association