By: Anonymous: SD ()  Monday, 29 August 2011 @ 10:59 PM ICT (Read 5565 times)  

Hi Guys

I have done the web surfing and forum surfing and went around in circles...

Can anyone tell me if KTM has an OEM Distributor in Thailand (Bangkok)

The prices on this forum are quoted from where?

motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/KTM_Motorcycle_Price_List

Cheers

SD

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 30 August 2011 @ 05:12 AM ICT  

Dear SD,

Yes Thailand has a KTM Distributor, Kunka Motorcycles Co., Ltd. is the official KTM distributor for Thailand.

2222 New Petburee Road, Bangkapi
Huaykwang, Bangkok, 10310
Thailand
Tel. 02-318 0100

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: SD ()  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 @ 05:05 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Dear SD,

Yes Thailand has a KTM Distributor, Kunka Motorcycles Co., Ltd. is the official KTM distributor for Thailand.

2222 New Petburee Road, Bangkapi
Huaykwang, Bangkok, 10310
Thailand
Tel. 02-318 0100

Thanks very much News, much appreciated mate.

I am considering getting an additional larger bike (just for my own selfish special times)

Do you know if they have a stocked showroom?

I was looking at going completely left field from my normal historical preferences and buying someting non-Japanese (for no other reason that I want to) and getting a KTM 990 Super Duke/R or a Ducati Monster 1100 Evo - (I was looking at the KTM 990 SuperMoto or Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo/SP - but I prefer my front wheel on the road most of the time...

I also know the BMW S1000RR or K1300S/R are both world class bikes (but I think to myself will / can I ride them and their 170+ hp to >75% of their capabilty...honest answer to myself = No

It will be a long and procrastinated decision for sure...(also with the "CFO of the family" requesting me just to settle for a new Kawasaki ER-6N or F)...Doh

If anyone has a KTM 990 Super Duke or R I would love to hear what they think of it and its ability and suitablilty for Bangkok and/or Thailand - roads, climate etc)

Cheers

SD

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 @ 06:40 PM ICT  

Modern “powerful” superbikes come with lots of electronics, therefore, in the right setting my Ducati 1198S is as simple to ride as a Honda Wave (okay maybe almost).

The BMW's you talk about have also a full electronic gadget package and rear wheel traction and uncontrolled wheelies are almost a thing of the past...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 @ 06:52 PM ICT  

We looked at a KTM 1190 RC8 R for a while, but, and my girlfriend even did a test ride in Malaysia (as the Thai distributor didn't have stock and we needed to travel to Malaysia anyway.) My girlfriend is about 163cm and had not the right feeling with the 1190 RC8 R, the Thai distributor doesn't like to sell the 1190 RC8 R to riders below 175cm (or was it 170cm).

If you're interested in a KTM, Redbaron in Bangkok has a 1190 RC8 and a Super Duke 990 available, see redbaronbkk.com/products/index.php?cat=search&word=&group=1005

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: SD ()  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 @ 07:07 PM ICT  

Quote by: Richard

We looked at a KTM 1190 RC8 R for a while, but, and my girlfriend even did a test ride in Malaysia (as the Thai distributor didn't have stock and we needed to travel to Malaysia anyway.) My girlfriend is about 163cm and had not the right feeling with the 1190 RC8 R, the Thai distributor doesn't like to sell the 1190 RC8 R to riders below 175cm (or was it 170cm).

If you're interested in a KTM, Redbaron in Bangkok has a 1190 RC8 and a Super Duke 990 available, see redbaronbkk.com/products/index.php?cat=search&word=&group=1005

Thanks a lot Richard.

No problem re: height, I am 191cm

I will check out the SD990 for sure - Do you know if it Brand New?

(the 1190 RC8/R and Ducati 1198/SP are just a tad expensive for me to try and justify to the "family CFO"...the things we do for "world peace" eh!

Thanks again

SD

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 31 August 2011 @ 07:17 PM ICT  

Quote by: SD

Quote by: Richard

Thanks a lot Richard.

No problem re: height, I am 191cm

I will check out the SD990 for sure - Do you know if it Brand New?

(the 1190 RC8/R and Ducati 1198/SP are just a tad expensive for me to try and justify to the "family CFO"...the things we do for "world peace" eh!

Thanks again

SD

They say that the Super Duke 990 is a 2005, and from experience most bikes like this have low kilometers and are well serviced. Also, Redbaron is basically the only big bike dealer in Thailand I trust... (to some levels of course.)

Not so long ago I did some serious kilometers on a Kawasaki Versys, and I need to say it's an excellent bike for Thailand. Enough power, easy to ride, good road handling and a bit adventurous...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: SD ()  Thursday, 01 September 2011 @ 03:57 PM ICT  

I saw that...they are quite well priced considering the new price of new one (even comparing year to year and specs etc)

The 1190 RC8R price is circa 50% off a new price (sight unseen).

Re the new Kawasaki Versys...I am seeing more and more of these on the road everyday. I think they are taking over from the ER6-N and Ninja 650 ?

I have ridden both 650's specs before but I have never ridden a Versys yet.

Just sitting on it at the showroom it felt sort of "big and wide"...perhaps the upright seating position and the different bars were giving me that impression / illusion?

I just thought to myself, shite I would be smashing outside mirrors off cars every 5 kms with this bike?

But I have never heard any really bad reports from a "new model" as such so it must have found a place in a very broad rider appeal market as I hear quite a few people have moved from "sports bikes" to the Versys.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, 01 September 2011 @ 05:36 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki Versys, and motorcycles like that, take over in Thailand. The thing is that a sportsbike can get boring in Thailand. Sure you can find some roads you can touch the magical speeds your bike is capable, but road conditions and repairs in Thailand are not perfect.

The Versys, with its better suspension compared to the ER6N or Ninja 650R (ER6F), is very capable to still do a go speed and you have a motorcycle who you can take on gravel roads... not so long ago I found a Versys rider, while I was riding a 250cc off-road/motocross bike, in the middle of a forest. The Kawasaki Versys is truly a versatile motorcycle...

I would recommend you ask your local Kawasaki dealer for a test ride... for the family safe price of 285,000 THB you have get a great machine... even you can take your wife/gf for a weekend out riding... the Versys will not complain and the pillion seat is good enough...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

9 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association