By: Anonymous: Took ()  Friday, 02 November 2007 @ 09:42 AM ICT (Read 3790 times)  

Why are there kinks in my Suzuki GSX-R1100's final drive chain? They make it extremely difficult to adjust the chain properly. They also make it noisy.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 02 November 2007 @ 07:00 PM ICT  

It's likely because some links aren't pivoting freely, probably because the chain hasn't been lubricated properly. It may not be old or badly worn, but once it won't pivot freely it's had it.

You might get another 1000 kilometers out of it if you spray it with lots of thin oil. This makes a horrible mess but sometimes helps. Be careful that the oil not get on the brake disc. Wipe the excess off a day later, don't use the bike in the meantime, and re-lubricate with good chain lube.

But we'd be tempted to cut our losses and replace it now. A broken chain failing about on a speeding motorcycle can do a lot of damage.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Boy ()  Saturday, 03 November 2007 @ 06:51 AM ICT  

Replace the chain, my chain broke one time and almost destroyed my gearbox

By: Anonymous: mr tea ()  Wednesday, 09 January 2008 @ 12:41 PM ICT  

Quote by: Took

Why are there kinks in my Suzuki GSX-R1100's final drive chain? They make it extremely difficult to adjust the chain properly. They also make it noisy.

new chain get a good one with o rings in the links and also new sprockets to dont forget it runs with oil and if you cant do it get it done a bad chain can kill

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association