12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: Bambam ()  Friday, 17 June 2011 @ 05:45 PM ICT (Read 11745 times)  

What are they thinking with 175,000 bht, that is very very expensive for the Sym GTS 300 Evo

By: Anonymous: ahaha ()  Friday, 17 June 2011 @ 06:56 PM ICT  

Made out of thailand and more than 250cc so you have to pay more

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Saturday, 18 June 2011 @ 10:19 AM ICT  

Joymax/GTS EVO 250 with 250.6cc, 0.7cc to much for the free trade market
Joymax/GTS EVO 300 with 263.7cc, 13.1cc more than the 250....

Is Sym stupid or crazy ???

This post was originally posted as comment for article The Sym GTS 300i Evo - The First Affordable Maxi-Scooter

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 18 June 2011 @ 06:43 PM ICT  

Import tax on motorcycles bigger than 250cc are extremely high, and I have no idea if Thailand or ASEAN have a free-trade agreement with Taiwan (But it's said that some Sym scooters are manufactured in Vietnam).

It would not surprise me if Sym in the near future will reduce the engine size of the Sym GTS 250i Evo with 0,7cc, because that will make them surely more affordable in the ASEAN countries especially if they are made in Vietnam.

For the price of the Sym GTS 300i Evo, yes it's a bit high but not much competition available in Thailand. The only other maxi-scooter currently 'officially' available in Thailand comes from Yamaha with a price tag of 555,000 THB.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 04:10 PM ICT  

When it arrives J Costa already has a performance variator for it. JC667FS

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 21 June 2011 @ 04:16 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Always good to hear that performance parts for the Sym GTS 300i Evo will also be available in Thailand. Can you share how much the J.Costa Variator for the Sym GTS 300i Evo will cost and what the performance improvement is...?

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: 300i Evo ()  Monday, 12 December 2011 @ 10:47 AM ICT  

The Sym GTS Joyride 300i Evo (263cc maxi-scooter) is now officially available in Thailand...

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 12 December 2011 @ 03:18 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Always good to hear that performance parts for the Sym GTS 300i Evo will also be available in Thailand. Can you share how much the J.Costa Variator for the Sym GTS 300i Evo will cost and what the performance improvement is...?

J Costa for Sym 300 is bigger than PCX so a little more expensive at around 8250 baht.

This is for a 250 GTS so as 300 (sic) is only 264cc it should be very close. The 300 has more torque so has slightly heavier weights. Similar to the difference between the Vespa 250 and the 300.

I had to convert this from .pdf to .jpeg so anyone who needs a clearer one let me know.

Click on image to open
As has been said it is a shame they didn't go 249.0 for the 250 it would have made much more sense commercially in Asia. But as the Honda SH 300 is the most popular scooter in Italy everyone including Vespa has jumped hastily on the 300 wagon.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Phil ()  Saturday, 01 September 2012 @ 10:14 AM ICT  

Quote by: Bambam

What are they thinking with 175,000 bht, that is very very expensive for the Sym GTS 300 Evo

I just got a quote from a bike shop in Pattaya for a SYM GTS EVO 300 I for 155,300 Baht with insurance and Registration. Not bad for a scooter over 250 cc but only just.. It comes with a 3 year warranty and they have spares available.

The SYM MAX 400 I is 208,000 Baht without insurance and Registration but they can do that for you. Personal i like the 400 I better but it's a big scooter to be riding around Pattaya on, great for long distance commutes or rides with a pillion passenger though.

By: Anonymous: CAGOU66 ()  Tuesday, 29 January 2013 @ 12:46 PM ICT  

Quote by: Phil

Quote by: Bambam

I just got a quote from a bike shop in Pattaya for a SYM GTS EVO 300 I for 155,300 Baht with insurance and Registration. Not bad for a scooter over 250 cc but only just.. It comes with a 3 year warranty and they have spares available.

The SYM MAX 400 I is 208,000 Baht without insurance and Registration but they can do that for you. Personal i like the 400 I better but it's a big scooter to be riding around Pattaya on, great for long distance commutes or rides with a pillion passenger though.

CAn you tell excatly were is this shop
I have already one were I leave and use it everyday
I want to buy the 400.

Is it the shop at the corner close to TONNY's GYM on PATTAYA SAI 3 ?

I will be in PATTAYA in 4 weeks

By: Mulia71 (offline)  Sunday, 16 June 2013 @ 09:31 PM ICT  

J Costa for Sym 300 is bigger than PCX so a little more expensive at around 8250 baht.

This is for a 250 GTS so as 300 (sic) is only 264cc it should be very close. The 300 has more torque so has slightly heavier weights. Similar to the difference between the Vespa 250 and the 300.

I had to convert this from .pdf to .jpeg so anyone who needs a clearer one let me know.

As has been said it is a shame they didn't go 249.0 for the 250 it would have made much more sense commercially in Asia. But as the Honda SH 300 is the most popular scooter in Italy everyone including Vespa has jumped hastily on the 300 wagon.

Is it ready stock in your shop?
May I know your shop address?

thank you

Mulia71

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 16 June 2013 @ 09:51 PM ICT  

Quote by: Mulia71

Is it ready stock in your shop?
May I know your shop address?

thank you

Dear friend,

We're a Motorcycle / Scooter website which informs readers about stuff happening in the Thai motorcycle business, similar to you read a motorcycle magazine. Therefore we not actually sell motorcycles or accessories we talk about... Most people would have mixed feelings when we would review a motorcycle or product and actual sell it....

We 100% independent of what we review and not accept any recommendations what or what we not review...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

12 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association