By: Anonymous: bboy ()  Sunday, 05 June 2011 @ 04:56 AM ICT (Read 2574 times)  

Hello, Im looking to relocate in Thailand for at least 6 months at a time from the UK. Are there many bigger (multi cylinder ) service shops in Thailand where I could find work? I've been breaking bikes in the UK for a couple of years and have qualified after a 2 year mbike mechanic course. Its a bit simplistic as far as preparing you for the wide range of knowledge to service bikes at speed. But I am well read on electrics, carburettor/fueling theory etc. And have been around bikes for 25 years.

Or perhaps typical 125 shop where I could develope a client base for the bigger stuff? Ive been to Thailand plenty so its not an issue of culture or Thai knowledge im looking for. Just an idea of what what in Bangkok re bigger bikes.

Ive met a few Thai guys who have their own small business's for the 125-250 cc market, but im going to get bored if I only work on the small stuff after a while.

Even if you know how many of your mates have bigger bikes and what the scene is like there that'd be cool
cheers bboy

By: Matty (offline)  Sunday, 05 June 2011 @ 08:27 PM ICT  

Im sure you can find some work (altho a work permit or visa may be another story )
There are plenty of shops that break/ wreck big bikes that are unknown to most westerners ie they dont have websites. There is one near my appartment, its located on the corner at the sathorn road - taksin road intersection and it has a big yard with heaps of big bike parts and also sells second hand big bikes ( 4cyl and V twins )

Im sure others can help you find more also. Good luck.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anant (offline)  Thursday, 07 March 2013 @ 07:57 PM ICT  

Quote by: Matty

Im sure you can find some work (altho a work permit or visa may be another story )
There are plenty of shops that break/ wreck big bikes that are unknown to most westerners ie they dont have websites. There is one near my appartment, its located on the corner at the sathorn road - taksin road intersection and it has a big yard with heaps of big bike parts and also sells second hand big bikes ( 4cyl and V twins )

Im sure others can help you find more also. Good luck.

Good Luck dear...!
You will get your work soon in proper manner.

Anant

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association