By: news (offline)  Thursday, 06 September 2007 @ 06:41 AM ICT (Read 2048 times)  

Relentless Suzuki has signed Australian sensation Cameron Donald to race British and international events 2008.

Donald got his first taste of the GSX-R Suzuki line-up in a closed test session at Kirkistown just a few days ago, completing 100 laps of the County Down circuit. And in the afternoon session on the Relentless Suzuki, the Australian consistently dipped under the outright lap record.

Cameron Donald:
"It just doesn't get any better than this - I'm wrapped! I feel privileged to ride for Relentless Suzuki and it's a great opportunity for me. Once we'd sorted out the deal I was anxious to get out on track and try the bikes. We all know how good the Supersport and Superstock Suzukis are but when I came in after riding the Superbike I couldn't stop smiling. I just thought, 'I can definitely win on this bike.' I haven't stopped smiling to be honest. It's a new challenge for me and I'm also really looking forward to riding at the British circuits in 2008."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:
"Cameron is a phenomenally talented rider with a good level of technical ability. He also has a great personality and has PR skills to match, so obviously we are delighted to have him on board for 2008. My Dad and I have actually had our eye on him for quite some time. He was unlucky to miss out on some international races this year due to injury but he has all but dominated the national scene in Ireland for the past two years. His second place at the 2006 TT in the Senior race was very impressive, especially as he also recorded a lap of 128mph in only his second appearance in the Isle of Man.

"I am also pleased that we were able to give him a taste of what's to come in a recent test session and he loved the GSX-R Suzukis. After completing around 100 laps on various machines he was able to consistently lap over half a second under the official outright lap record at Kirkistown on our Superbike."

A further announcement will be made later this week regarding other signings for 2008.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association