By: Anonymous: Proud Eagle ()  Friday, 01 April 2011 @ 06:12 PM ICT (Read 1326 times)  

I have a 1998 Dyna Wide Glide that I purchased when the 1998 models first came out in 1997. I purchased the bike from the Dhahran Saudi Arabia HD Dealer when they first opened in in October 1997. Since then the bike has been shipped to the US, back to Saudi and is now back in the states. Recently (December 2010), I obtained my Non-Immigrant "O" Retirement Visa in Thailand and am in the process of building a home in Phuket.

It is my intent to ship the bike to Thailand and while I've read many of the rules on this subject, I continue to receive conflicting opinions and statements with regards to the amount of Duty, taxes and VAT that I will be required to pay once the bike arrives.

Parkers values the bike at approximately US $7,500. I have total Taxes and Duties ranging at between US $6,000 and US $16,000. If the rates are at the lower end, it may be advantageous to ship in however, if the taxes and duties are at the higher end then I'll simply buy a used bike in Thailand and save the headache of shipping and registering in Thailand.

Has anyone gone through this experience who can give me some guidance or at least provide me with the contact information of an individual or company that supports this importation.

Many thanks and best regards,

Proud Eagle

1 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association