By: Anonymous: B-Rad ()  Wednesday, 15 December 2010 @ 08:45 AM ICT (Read 1812 times)  

I bought a Fino when they were new. It now has 10,000 KM on it and has been "babied". I just took it in for oil and air filter change (I do this every 2K, not 3k as recommended). I was told that I had only half the required amount of oil and that my engine was shot and needed rebuilding, top and bottom.

Has anyone else out there had this experience of early engine failure or indications of such (loss of compression, hard to start, frequent stalling)?. There just might be a big problem here and I want to know how many of "Thailand's number one selling motorcycles" are headed for the shop or worse.

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 15 December 2010 @ 09:06 AM ICT  

Quote by: B-Rad

I bought a Fino when they were new. It now has 10,000 KM on it and has been "babied". I just took it in for oil and air filter change (I do this every 2K, not 3k as recommended). I was told that I had only half the required amount of oil and that my engine was shot and needed rebuilding, top and bottom.

Has anyone else out there had this experience of early engine failure or indications of such (loss of compression, hard to start, frequent stalling)?. There just might be a big problem here and I want to know how many of "Thailand's number one selling motorcycles" are headed for the shop or worse.

I'm not aware of any serious problems with the Yamaha Fino engine. With your engine losing so much engine oil it can be that one of the engine gaskets is not completely sealing.

A more serious problem would be if one of your piston rings is broken and ended up under the piston. Pistons rings are mostly made of hardened steel and can damage an engine considerable...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association