By: Anonymous: Meenoi ()  Sunday, 12 December 2010 @ 12:02 AM ICT (Read 3984 times)  

Its 25 years since I've ridden, but in the day i had a couple of 750 cc Kawasakis and Hondas, while racing 250cc Motocross and Enduro Yamahas. But i am way out of touch and spending a fair bit of time in Thailand with my Thai family. Anyway to the point, I need a small bike to get around that my wife and brother in law can ride also. The trouble is i want to know all the relevant specs, she just wants what looks cute. We need, electric start, auto and the most power i can get and it would seem most of these models are also shaft drive?. I've just been looking at what people are riding. My wife likes the look of the retro Yamaha Fino's. How do they compare with the Honda models like the Click?
Any advice would be appreciated.

By: Anonymous: Newbie in CM ()  Friday, 15 April 2011 @ 09:17 PM ICT  

Lately I've wondering the same thing. The only way you will know is to rent one, then another, then another. That's what I'm in the process of doing. So far, I don't like any of them. But then, I've never ridden before in my life, and I'm big and feel unstable on the scooters, and being old and fat means that I get a backache quickly when riding. So, for me the search contiues. Perhaps I should try a bigger bike. Perhaps the same for you as well?

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 17 April 2011 @ 01:39 PM ICT  

The Yamaha Fino looks cute and is a good quality scooter, but, the engine is a bit out dated, it uses a carburetor while most of the competition switched to electronic fuel injection. If you like the Yamaha Fino retro style you should also look at the Honda Scoopy-i and the Suzuki Jelato 125.

In engine performance the Suzuki, with its 125cc electronic fuel injection system is the most powerful, the Honda Scoopy-i (110cc)] is in performance comparable to the Yamaha Fino (115cc) but the Honda is scores much better in full economics. From all 3 Japanese names the Yamaha Fino takes the 3th place...

If you not care so much about Japanese, than you should also look at the Vietnamese build Sym Fiddle II which is also a very cute looking 125cc scooter and the quality is excellent.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association