Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, August 18 2014 @ 09:58 PM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda CBR250R
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: radnoc (offline)  Monday, January 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM ICT  
radnoc

They have the first one at the honda dealer in Suphanburi at 110,500 baht. I guess the extra is for shipping to the sticks! Looks great, and if you can get the computer changed for a little bit more oomph! should be good. Myself I am waiting for the Lifan 250 motard to appear, the roads arround Dan Chang need something with lots of suspension travel, Bloody big pot-holes which will not be fixed until the sugar trucks stop running. So here's hoping!

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

Profile Email    
By: Anonymous: Motard ()  Monday, January 17 2011 @ 08:02 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Motard

I wished that Honda introduced a Motard style 250cc motorcycle in Thailand. They now started selling the CRF250X in Japan... Super cool bike.

By: Anonymous: John ()  Tuesday, February 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM ICT  
Anonymous: John

Posts in this forum in mid to late December were talking about prices for the CBR at 100,000 and 115,000 with ABS. That is news to me because I was told the price is 115,000 / 130,000 at the motorcycle show in Central World just two weeks ago - which sounded just fine with me.

BUT I TOOK MY CREDIT CARD TO A BIG DEALER TODAY ( FEB 15TH ) READY TO BUY BUT THE PRICE SEEMS TO HAVE JUMPED TO 130,000 FOR THE REGULAR MODEL AND 160,000 WITH ABS. Wooow! THAT IS A HUGE PRICE INCREASE AND I AM BACK HOME NOW WAITING FOR MY CREDIT CARD TO COOL OFF. I ASSUME THE KAWASAKI NINJA IS STILL ABOUT 147,000 SO I WILL GIVE IT ANOTHER LOOK NOW. IF THIS IS JUST ONE DEALER THEN SOMEONE FORM HONDA HAS TO GET IT TOGETHER.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, February 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM ICT  
news

Quote by: John

Posts in this forum in mid to late December were talking about prices for the CBR at 100,000 and 115,000 with ABS. That is news to me because I was told the price is 115,000 / 130,000 at the motorcycle show in Central World just two weeks ago - which sounded just fine with me.

BUT I TOOK MY CREDIT CARD TO A BIG DEALER TODAY ( FEB 15TH ) READY TO BUY BUT THE PRICE SEEMS TO HAVE JUMPED TO 130,000 FOR THE REGULAR MODEL AND 160,000 WITH ABS. Wooow! THAT IS A HUGE PRICE INCREASE AND I AM BACK HOME NOW WAITING FOR MY CREDIT CARD TO COOL OFF. I ASSUME THE KAWASAKI NINJA IS STILL ABOUT 147,000 SO I WILL GIVE IT ANOTHER LOOK NOW. IF THIS IS JUST ONE DEALER THEN SOMEONE FORM HONDA HAS TO GET IT TOGETHER.

The prices of Honda motorcycles are suggested retail prices, but currently, the demand for the Honda CBR250R (regular and the ABS model) is much higher than Honda Thailand had expected. Honda dealers in Thailand are now being served with a sort quota system, where only a few CBR250R's per city/location become available per cycle.

Honda is currently doing everything in its power to increase production of the CBR250R, but with the launch date of a few other countries getting closer on the agenda I not see the prices going down soon.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +32

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: John ()  Wednesday, February 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM ICT  
Anonymous: John

Quote by: Richard

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R is maybe more powerful, but it cost also 50,000 Baht more . . .

Oooops! You're wrong on this one Richard.. Only two weeks after Honda representatives at the Central World Motorcycle Show quoted me prices of 115,000 B and 130,000 B the price of the Honda at a big dealer near my home in Bangkok jumped to a firm 130,000 B and 160,000 B - - and that is one huge increase. It brackets the Kawasaki now which I assume is still at 147,500 B. I have been waiting for two months for the ABS version of the CBR to arrive, but today I tore the big pictures off my wall. I plan to give the Kawasaki another look this afternoon. The money is burning a hole in my pocket and I am tired of walking, but a thousand US dollars more for the ABS brakes over what I was told at the big introduction just two weeks ago really burns me up!

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, February 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM ICT  
Richard

Quote by: John

Quote by: Richard

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R is maybe more powerful, but it cost also 50,000 Baht more . . .

Oooops! You're wrong on this one Richard.. Only two weeks after Honda representatives at the Central World Motorcycle Show quoted me prices of 115,000 B and 130,000 B the price of the Honda at a big dealer near my home in Bangkok jumped to a firm 130,000 B and 160,000 B - - and that is one huge increase. It brackets the Kawasaki now which I assume is still at 147,500 B. I have been waiting for two months for the ABS version of the CBR to arrive, but today I tore the big pictures off my wall. I plan to give the Kawasaki another look this afternoon. The money is burning a hole in my pocket and I am tired of walking, but a thousand US dollars more for the ABS brakes over what I was told at the big introduction just two weeks ago really burns me up!

If the Honda CBR250R is currently more expensive than the Kawasaki Ninja 250R, and knowing that the 250cc parallel-twin engine of the Kawasaki Ninja 250R is more powerful, I cannot see why you need to wait... go buy a Kawasaki Ninja 250R. It's a great motorcycle...

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
By: Garouda (offline)  Wednesday, April 04 2012 @ 03:11 PM ICT  
Garouda

I paid 105.000 for the new CBR250R without ABS. In June 2011.
Got some problems, but they are fixed now.
Very pleasant, easy to handle bike by the way. The Ninja is faster, but after how long? At low(?) speed, the CBR reacts and accelerates much faster. Fuel consumption is also to be taken into account, in that field, you cannot beat the CBR250R...

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 09:58 pm.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 3,379 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER