By: Anonymous: Bryon ()  Thursday, 09 December 2010 @ 11:11 AM ICT (Read 2574 times)  

I saw another rider with a yellow visor the other day. I remember about a few years back you could buy yellow sun glasses in every petrol station and they were meant to help you see at night or in poor conditions or something like that. Do they really work? Do you use them? Any idea where I can get one from?

By: Matty (offline)  Friday, 10 December 2010 @ 05:24 AM ICT  

Hi, yes yellow visors and sunglasses really do make everything look brighter at work,
I use a pair of cheap yellow lens sunglasses when i ride at night in Bangkok, because changing visors every day is a pain, and its cooler to have your visor up and wear sunglasses ( day or night ) I got mine from tesco lotus, i have used yellow safety glasses back in Australia but unsure where to get them in Thailand
If you want a yellow visor try the helmet manufacturer of your helmet, some brands of helmet do tint, silver clear and yellow, if not im sure you will be able to find something in the many motorcycle accessory shops in Thailand or on line. ( try as a guide thehelmetwarehouse.com.au )
Matty...

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 10 December 2010 @ 08:25 AM ICT  

Quote by: Bryon

I saw another rider with a yellow visor the other day. I remember about a few years back you could buy yellow sun glasses in every petrol station and they were meant to help you see at night or in poor conditions or something like that. Do they really work? Do you use them? Any idea where I can get one from?

To be honest I've never used a yellow visor but I know some people who use them, I was told the yellow visor helps when you're going through the night and in wet or gloomy conditions. They also have orange one, less popular but still. They say they increase contrast – so you can spot wet patches more easily.

They're not intended for night time use – just for poor conditions like low light levels or rain or mist. I've heard more good things said about the yellow ones than the orange ones too.

I just use a clear visor and make sure it's in good condition. If it's all scratched you're in trouble. The most important thing I've found is to stop riding when there's a poor visibility.

If you want to give the yellow visor a try I would suggest you first try it out with some yellow colored sun-glasses from BigC or another super.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association