By: Anonymous: Johny ()  Friday, 26 November 2010 @ 11:10 AM ICT (Read 2864 times)  

I found a dealer who sells the Lifan LF200GY-5, the warranty is 2-years for only 45,000 Bht, but my brother-in-law told me that I better buy a Yamaha or Honda scooter. He told me that parts for the Lifan will probably be a problem in the future.

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 26 November 2010 @ 11:42 AM ICT  

Quote by: Johny

I found a dealer who sells the Lifan LF200GY-5, the warranty is 2-years for only 45,000 Bht, but my brother-in-law told me that I better buy a Yamaha or Honda scooter. He told me that parts for the Lifan will probably be a problem in the future.

You can say a lot about Chinese made motorcycles, some are indeed crap some are better and some are very good. In case of the Lifan LF200GY-5, Lifan is one of the largest Chinese motorcycle manufacturers, and they also have one of the largest motorcycle factories in Thailand, also the LF200GY-5 is a global model – what means that the model in Thailand is identical to the model sold in Brazil, USA, Europe, New Zealand, or other parts of the world.

Most motorcycles on the Thai market are only sold in Thailand or the Southeast Asian region, and therefore the Lifan LF200GY-5, in numbers sold, probably outscores most Thai motorcycle or scooter available in the Thai market in numbers sold.

Motorcycle parts is all about numbers, the more a motorcycle manufacturer sells a model the more spare parts are available, and if the model is very popular 3th party manufacturers see money in producing parts.

Lifan is serious about the Thai motorcycle market, they opened a huge manufacturing location, which dwarfs most other motorcycle manufacturers in Thailand. And with the invested capital in Thailand I doubt that they will exit the Thai motorcycle market.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

2 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association