By: Anonymous: William ()  Friday, 26 November 2010 @ 06:34 AM ICT (Read 2176 times)  

Hello

I bought online a exhaust system for my motorcycle and I thing that I somehow received the wrong one. The muffler says 'offroad use only', but my motorcycle is a real road bike.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 26 November 2010 @ 08:17 AM ICT  

Quote by: William

Hello

I bought online a exhaust system for my motorcycle and I thing that I somehow received the wrong one. The muffler says 'offroad use only', but my motorcycle is a real road bike.

You didn't tell which exhaust system and motorcycle you have, but maybe I know what is wrong... Exhaust companies in the USA have to, by law, put a sticker, stamp or etching somewhere on the muffler that designates it as street legal or otherwise.

There are different ways to work it, but 'offroad use only' seems to be the most popular with motorcycle exhaust system manufacturers. It's that as 'not DOT approved,' or 'for closed course use only,' just broader.

You not need to worry that your dealer send you the wrong motorcycle pipe. The only concern you could have is if a police officer gets to excited and needs some pocket money.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Ae ()  Wednesday, 02 November 2011 @ 03:58 PM ICT  

Good I found this, I almost had the idea that I got the wrong exhaust system also...

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association