29 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Daniel ()  Monday, 22 November 2010 @ 11:43 AM ICT (Read 26043 times)  

I buyed at 05.11.2010 a brand new PCX Motorcycle by Honda in Nuang Klong Krabi. For run in the Bike, I was driving carefully and let change the Oil at 200 Km, 500 Km and 750 Km.

The Honda in Krabi KPL was change the Oil at 18.11.2010 with 753 Km. Next day I was driving on the Highway and the engine maded problems and stoped. I looked wath happen and I find out, that the PCX lost the screw for Oil. So I had to organize the transportation to the Honda in Nuang Klong where I buyed the Motorbiike.

After long discussion they let come a mechanics for open the engine. They dismantle the whole Bike for control the cylinder and the Piston. Both are broken now, because the screw was fall out and the Oil goes out of engine.

The PCX have now 800 Km and I am owner of the Bike exactly 2 weeks. Honda Krabi likes to change the cylinder and the Piston in warranty. But my feeling is not good now. So I ask for a new Motorcycle PCX.

The answer is: If I want a new PCX, I have to pay 20'000 Thai Bath, because the 2 weeks old bike goes to resale status. It was not up to me, wath happened.

The Bigboss Honda Krabi not like me. I was there for ask to buy a Bike, but his wife not speak with me. She only speak in Thai to my Girlfriend. I was tell her can you speak with me??? I am the one, likes to buy a Motorcycle. Now she angry to me. She let me stay in the Honda shop and I think her man follow his wife.

Because them I was going to Muang Klong for buy the PCX.

Now I finded out every Honda can not make nothing without the Big Honda in Krabi. It is a special situation now, because Big Honda is not friendly to me and to my friends here in Krabi.

My Question is: It is correctly that I have to pay 20'000 THB if I want a new Motorbike PCX? It was not up to me, what the Honda maded with change Oil. This mistake is a Honda Service mistake. They want 20'000 THB but the PCX is only 2 weeks old with 800 Km.

I have no more good feeling now. I can not more enjoy and I have to wait now 3 weeks or more! I only search a fair way for me and Honda, so all can have a good feeling for the future.

By: Anonymous: S-E-T-L ()  Monday, 22 November 2010 @ 03:10 PM ICT  

Sorry if get it wrong, but the way I read it Honda wants to repair all damage to your PCX scooter, right?

Therefore I cannot really understand why you should want or get a new one, did you fall because the engine blocked and is a good part of the bodywork damaged? Did the rear wheel blocked and now there's a “flat-surface” on the tire what irritates while riding it?

The engine was damaged, and Honda is willing to repair the damage, an engine of a scooter only represent only a fraction of the value of the scooter.

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Monday, 22 November 2010 @ 08:06 PM ICT  

What I think they should replace is anything that is lubricated by oil.

Piston, cylinder, crankshaft bearings, camshaft, camshaft bearings. oil pump, cam chain etc.

That being said you only rode 7 kms if I understand correctly with only the little oil that was left. If the PCX motor is a descendent of the Cub/Wave etc.. then it will be splash lubricated and the oil pump only supplies the camshaft and valve gear. All the roller bearings probably still had enough oil for lubrication. These small engines are almost bomb proof, I suspect it is now just nicely broken in.

It is unfortunate but like Forrest Gump said "shit happens". Honda has offered to fix the bike under warranty and you still have the balance of the warranty left so when they fix it anything else that subsequently goes wrong afterwards (doubtful) is still covered under warranty.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Haks ()  Thursday, 30 December 2010 @ 11:19 PM ICT  

My PCX is about 3 weeks old. After 200KM's, scraping noise started from around V-Belt. Only does it at slow speed (10KM or so) over light bumps on the road. Honda wanted to open and inspect the V-belt. After 2 days, they said they fixed the problem. Same evening after picked up my motorbike driving home, again the same problem. When i told the mechanic, he can not believe, they think i am just fussy. But he believes now. Now they want to open again. If they can not find the fault, they are going to call a Team from their head office in BKK. My beautiful motorbike becoming a test product. Maybe the first one with this problem. But they will not give me a new one. I am not happy but have to wait what happens in January.

By: Anonymous: andy ()  Monday, 11 July 2011 @ 05:55 PM ICT  

Can anyone help me with this one.I parked my pcx outside a shop for thirty minutes. finished shopping started the bike it had jumped kilometers on the odo meter.
It was around 980 kilometers on the clock but increased by to 1380.Now i havent had a drink and im sure i have been through a time warp.
Off to honda tomorrow as i live in burrium i will go by myself if my girlfriend goes with me im sitting in the chair like a little boy with people speaking over me.
andy

By: news (offline)  Monday, 11 July 2011 @ 06:13 PM ICT  

Quote by: andy

Can anyone help me with this one.I parked my pcx outside a shop for thirty minutes. finished shopping started the bike it had jumped kilometers on the odo meter.
It was around 980 kilometers on the clock but increased by to 1380.Now i havent had a drink and im sure i have been through a time warp.
Off to honda tomorrow as i live in burrium i will go by myself if my girlfriend goes with me im sitting in the chair like a little boy with people speaking over me.
andy

Did you had any problems with the kilometer/speed indication before? I could be a sensor failing but I cannot understand the jump from 980km to 1380km, everything in the instrument panel is electronic...basically only a strong magnetic or electronic interference should be able to disrupt the kilometer counter. (sure you did not see little green or grey humanoids in a UFO next to you at the traffic light?)

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: andy ()  Monday, 11 July 2011 @ 06:28 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

andy

Did you had any problems with the kilometer/speed indication before? I could be a sensor failing but I cannot understand the jump from 980km to 1380km, everything in the instrument panel is electronic...basically only a strong magnetic or electronic interference should be able to disrupt the kilometer counter. (sure you did not see little green or grey humanoids in a UFO next to you at the traffic light?)

Im sorry new on this computer first time i had one .As to your response i think thats what im faced with tomorrow speaking to honda. i think i would rather be speaking to the little green men more advanced than honda.Really im outside the supermarket all i can think of i left it in the sun , but my gut feeling is thats not the case.honest case here.thanks for the reply andy

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 11 July 2011 @ 06:30 PM ICT  

andy

Im sorry new on this computer first time i had one .As to your response i think thats what im faced with tomorrow speaking to honda. i think i would rather be speaking to the little green men more advanced than honda.Really im outside the supermarket all i can think of i left it in the sun , but my gut feeling is thats not the case.honest case here.thanks for the reply andy

Do you have maybe have/had other electronic problems – do you ever see the FI light going on for less than a second or anything that could indicate a lose electronic contact?

Pure theoretical it should be possible to foul a full electronic kilometer counter by generating electronic signal interference by a short in the electronics of the motorcycle. Again, purely theoretical, a electric cable which is not fully connected, or partly corroded, could generate something I can best describe as an Grrrrrrrrrr in the signal...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: andy ()  Monday, 11 July 2011 @ 07:04 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

andy

Do you have maybe have/had other electronic problems – do you ever see the FI light going on for less than a second or anything that could indicate a lose electronic contact?

Pure theoretical it should be possible to foul a full electronic kilometer counter by generating electronic signal interference by a short in the electronics of the motorcycle. Again, purely theoretical, a electric cable which is not fully connected, or partly corroded, could generate something I can best describe as an Grrrrrrrrrr in the signal...

No lights come on that i saw
But the roads here are so long and straight i never really look down at the clock.The bike is only a month old.I use it everyday the road is pretty bad in my village so could be loose conection.Do you think i should ask honda to change odo meter ,whether they will is another matter.andy

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 12 July 2011 @ 03:49 PM ICT  

Well i went for my day out today,made a visit to Honda had my free cup of coffee.Shame its not like the car show room free ice cream.Anyway a man who was dressed with honda written on his back got on my bike,went away for 10 mins down the road .Comeback working fine sir .But are you not going to check for loose connections.No wait and see at 1999 kilometers and see what happens.I was asked am i sure i did not travel that distance .Well there is my girlfriend as well who knows it has jumped its reading.End of the matter nothing will be done will wait till 1999 and see what happens.I going to see friends soon should be about 3 days to reach that reading.Thanks to those who gave me advice.Oh by the way signed up on this site now name change a little

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 12 July 2011 @ 04:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Well i went for my day out today,made a visit to Honda had my free cup of coffee.Shame its not like the car show room free ice cream.Anyway a man who was dressed with honda written on his back got on my bike,went away for 10 mins down the road .Comeback working fine sir .But are you not going to check for loose connections.No wait and see at 1999 kilometers and see what happens.I was asked am i sure i did not travel that distance .Well there is my girlfriend as well who knows it has jumped its reading.End of the matter nothing will be done will wait till 1999 and see what happens.I going to see friends soon should be about 3 days to reach that reading.Thanks to those who gave me advice.Oh by the way signed up on this site now name change a little

Andy, I was yesterday so involved in the electrics of motorcycles that I also wrote an article about it, so I like to personal thank you for the inspiration for writing The Electrical System of your Motorcycle.

Anyway keep us informed and we will try to help you figure it out what is wrong with your Honda PCX.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Tuesday, 12 July 2011 @ 04:18 PM ICT  

Well at least they know now. I did do some surfing and there are a few references to cars odometers jumping ahead.but nothing about bikes. Let us know what happens at 1999.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 12 July 2011 @ 05:18 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Andy, I was yesterday so involved in the electrics of motorcycles that I also wrote an article about it, so I like to personal thank you for the inspiration for writing The Electrical System of your Motorcycle.

Anyway keep us informed and we will try to help you figure it out what is wrong with your Honda PCX.

Thankyou for reply i thought maybe it was me and my girlfriend.Sorry little slow to reply new on this p.c.Lived in Thailand last 12 years will never go back to having a pick up.The fuel savings every month is excellent except when it rains this time of year here.But will let you know when 1999 kilometers arrives.

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 12 July 2011 @ 05:24 PM ICT  

Quote by: Flying Squirrel

Well at least they know now. I did do some surfing and there are a few references to cars odometers jumping ahead.but nothing about bikes. Let us know what happens at 1999.

Cheers at least i feel bit better now.But did the digtal reading for odo meter arrive in the car before it came to the bike .I really dont know.Maybe thats why it has happened to cars before.The meter must be set up similar to that of a car.Or im wrong i just dont know.Anyway thanks

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: andyc (offline)  Wednesday, 27 July 2011 @ 08:22 AM ICT  

Sorry been away few days,but not on my bike.ODO meter at moment 1850 so will soon let you know.Back on line will keep in contact

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

29 posts :: Page 1 of 2