Sign Up! Login Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand Monday, 26 November 2012 @ 01:21 PM ICT

Motorcycle Forum Thailand > Motorcycle Riding > Motorcycle Models New Topic Post Reply
 time to make the decision
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jeffrey () on Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 10:04 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Jeffrey

And now let's toss in the new CBR 250 at around 100,000 Bt. Slightly less power than the Ninja and more than the CBR150

By: Anonymous: ReGGae () on Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 01:42 PM ICT  
Anonymous: ReGGae

Quote by: Jeffrey

And now let's toss in the new CBR 250 at around 100,000 Bt. Slightly less power than the Ninja and more than the CBR150

I was in a honda shop in patong today talking about the new model, and left my number, she said she was goin to bangkok over the weekend for the event so hopefully i can put an order when she is back.

I think the ninja is a bit to costly for me, so now the choice is between the CBR150 and 250 hmm...

By: taichiplanet (offline) on Friday, 29 October 2010 @ 06:50 PM ICT  
taichiplanet

The CBR250R is 30 kgs heavier than the CBR150Ri. But for me the C-ABS option is the clincher.

The 150 and 250 will be different bikes. Again it depends on what you want. The CBR150 (at least the old one) was a brilliant little bike for flying around town; squeezing through traffic and getting ahead of the pack when traffic lights go green. The 250 will be a little nimble through town but better on open roads.

Too many times in Thailand you will need the ABS, and it will save you. An extra THB 15k over the standard 250 and an extra THB 39k over the CBR150i. What's saving a broken arm or a skin graft or brain damage worth to you? Earlier you said your budget was 150k, the CBR 250 is well within this.

Ohhh, don't forget to allow an extra THB 6-8k for decent tyres. I'm guessing the new CBRs will have plastic tyres on them (as did the older CBR150 and the Ninja 250), not rubber ones! Peace

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

Forum Chatty
Chatty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

Sin City LOS

Profile Email Website PM
By: Anonymous: ReGGae () on Sunday, 31 October 2010 @ 03:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: taichiplanet

The CBR250R is 30 kgs heavier than the CBR150Ri. But for me the C-ABS option is the clincher.

The 150 and 250 will be different bikes. Again it depends on what you want. The CBR150 (at least the old one) was a brilliant little bike for flying around town; squeezing through traffic and getting ahead of the pack when traffic lights go green. The 250 will be a little nimble through town but better on open roads.

Too many times in Thailand you will need the ABS, and it will save you. An extra THB 15k over the standard 250 and an extra THB 39k over the CBR150i. What's saving a broken arm or a skin graft or brain damage worth to you? Earlier you said your budget was 150k, the CBR 250 is well within this.

Ohhh, don't forget to allow an extra THB 6-8k for decent tyres. I'm guessing the new CBRs will have plastic tyres on them (as did the older CBR150 and the Ninja 250), not rubber ones! Peace

I will see what the honda dealer has to say when back from BKK tomorov, havent decided which one i want yet, kinda depends on when i can have it delivered, if i have to wait longer for the 250 i think il go for the 150 hehe.

By: Anonymous: Nilez () on Thursday, 02 December 2010 @ 05:33 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Nilez

Hey Reggae what have you decided? what dealer told you? c'mon people let this forum breath a bit, dont let it die.

By: Anonymous: Chang Noi () on Thursday, 02 December 2010 @ 07:44 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Chang Noi

The CBR150r and CBR240r may look alike but are different bikes. Different frames, different suspension.
I saw both of them with IRC Road Winner tyres.

Price-wise the CBR250r may look a nice bike, but imo it is not a real motorbike. Quality-wise and power-wise.
Only 26ps with 165kg! Yes 165kg .... where is that weight coming from?
I mean a Kawasaki ER6n (650cc twin) is only 35kg more ....but has 72ps!

Chang Noi

By: Anonymous: ReGGae () on Thursday, 02 December 2010 @ 11:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: Nilez

Hey Reggae what have you decided? what dealer told you? c'mon people let this forum breath a bit, dont let it die.

I went for the tri-color 150(first sold in phuket), had it for a couple of weeks now and have 1300km on the meter, im really happy so far even tho it could have been fun with a littlebit more power=) But i will stick to this one untill mid next year then go for something bigger.

By: monoguy (offline) on Saturday, 04 December 2010 @ 06:40 PM ICT  
monoguy

Quote by: ReGGae

I went for the tri-color 150(first sold in phuket), had it for a couple of weeks now and have 1300km on the meter, im really happy so far even tho it could have been fun with a littlebit more power=) But i will stick to this one untill mid next year then go for something bigger.

ReGGae,
How much did u get for this bike?
but i don't understand why you don't wait for the new CBR250 to release?

Jeffrey

Forum Junior
Junior

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Bangkok, Thailand

Profile Email   PM
By: Anonymous: ReGGae () on Saturday, 04 December 2010 @ 10:25 PM ICT  

Quote by: monoguy

Quote by: ReGGae

ReGGae,
How much did u get for this bike?
but i don't understand why you don't wait for the new CBR250 to release?

i paid 79.700 with taxes, insurance etc...

Hmm regarding the 250 , i wanted the bike now and there was so much speculation goin around about when the 250 is to be released, I didnt wanna wait more months.
I think i will stick to the 150 untill mid next year and then get a Ninja 650R.

Content generated in: 0.14 seconds
New Topic Post Reply

All times are ICT. The time is now 01:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

ABS Brakes on Sportsbikes? A Good Things or Not?

•  No, they add too much weight
  •  Yes, they're obviously a good thing
  •  Yes, as long you can turn them off
  •  No, I prefer the feel of normal brakes
  •  No, I don't need them
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 298 votes | 6 comments

Events

There are no upcoming events

Advertising

My Account