11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 12:35 PM ICT (Read 7984 times)  

hello everyone. i wondering what choice of enduro's we have here? up to 400cc (not more)

ok. so
kawa klx-looks too complicated to do maintance by yourself
Lifan-LF200GY-looks to going fall into pieces after first jump
what's more?

and whatis your opinion about used enduros? gratest of grate's like baja or crm, and djebel and ttr or smoother ones like serow or sherpa.
but it seems like if someone who brought this bikes here sometime with all the troubles that it means, he wouldn't want to sell it untill it fired out totally (sorry gt riders but we don't want to buy bunch of bolts that was in rent for long time, and we cannot get green book and plates as long as the 2010 emission test launched)

so speak what you think people.

sorry if my english is unclear.

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 12:39 PM ICT  

oh forgot zongshen scrap of chinese production

By: news (offline)  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 12:48 PM ICT  

Quote by: nilez

hello everyone. i wondering what choice of enduro's we have here? up to 400cc (not more)

ok. so
kawa klx-looks too complicated to do maintance by yourself
Lifan-LF200GY-looks to going fall into pieces after first jump
what's more?

and whatis your opinion about used enduros? gratest of grate's like baja or crm, and djebel and ttr or smoother ones like serow or sherpa.
but it seems like if someone who brought this bikes here sometime with all the troubles that it means, he wouldn't want to sell it untill it fired out totally (sorry gt riders but we don't want to buy bunch of bolts that was in rent for long time, and we cannot get green book and plates as long as the 2010 emission test launched)

so speak what you think people.

sorry if my english is unclear.

The Kawasaki KLX250 comes of course with (I believe) 2-years warranty and service costs by a Kawasaki dealer are often cheaper than you can do it yourself. In Thailand service on motorcycles is something you should let other people do, only in very special occasions do it yourself.

For the Lifan LF200GY-5, I have seen the motorcycle up close did even do some riding on it, and found it remarkable good build. And yes, it's not as powerful as the Kawasaki KLX250 and as eye candy as the KLX250... but for the money it's worth ever single Baht.

We also know that pretty soon Apollo Orion RX 250 will be available in Thailand, we not sure if the distributor will also bring the Enduro model to Thailand.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: news (offline)  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 12:57 PM ICT  

oh forgot zongshen scrap of chinese production

The Zongshen Ryuka Fly 150 is also not that bad, it's well build and supported by a trustworthy distributor. If you look at the Zongshen you can find famous names, like Showa suspension front and rear. Aluminium exhaust system... etc. This is all aftermarket stuff if you buy a Kawasaki KLX250.

Of course a Kawasaki, being a 250cc, will be more powerful and the Zongshen Ryuka Fly 150 is more a motard style. I was told that they also sell them in Enduro version but didn't see one...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: REDDY (offline)  Monday, 25 October 2010 @ 04:02 PM ICT  

If you do some quick googling on the webs you would find some people here doing lots of touring and off-roading on the aforementioned bikes and who are satisfied by the performance. I have to agree the Ryuka Fly 150 actually sports some top of the line parts... Zongshen is also well known for making engines for Piaggio and Harley Davidson.

And yes, there is... I've seen a dual sport version of the Ryuka Fly 150 before...

www.weekendhobby.com/motorcycle/webboard/Question.asp?ID=331

REDDY

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 01:04 PM ICT  

ok. apart from adverting chinese manufacturer, what are must do's after buying new bike in thailand? for example in our homeland when you buying car that was assembled there, its better to tighten all bolts and nuts by yourself, change all the oils before even first meters of ride-in. is it the same in thailand? (anyway i'll check how bolts are tightened, but i wonder about liquids...is it better to change them after buying or its ok?)

and about touring and offroading on chints: this people who doing this firstly re-assembling bikes by themselves whith a lot of thread glue.

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 01:17 PM ICT  

sorry i didnt get that.... do you thing that kawa is weaker made than zongzhen or lyfan??? (is not about engine performance its about how tough is the frame and suspension)

may be any more enduros or trail bikes can be bought trough the official dealer??? proton? or how its called....

By: Anonymous: CBr ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 02:11 PM ICT  

sorry i didnt get that.... do you thing that kawa is weaker made than zongzhen or lyfan??? (is not about engine performance its about how tough is the frame and suspension)

may be any more enduros or trail bikes can be bought trough the official dealer??? proton? or how its called....

I think that the frame of all motorcycles in this discussion are strong, all use high-tensile steel for the frames, and all use a proven concept of frame construction.

And my advice is simple, if you have the money buy a Kawasaki KLX250, if you only want to get dirty in the weekend and have some fun on days off... buy another brand which costs less and still you have lots of fun.

You can buy a new Honda CBR150R FI and a Zongshen Fly 150 for about the same you would pay for one Kawasaki KLX250.

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 03:56 PM ICT  

I think that the frame of all motorcycles in this discussion are strong, all use high-tensile steel for the frames, and all use a proven concept of frame construction.

you know, dont want to be a troll but, replies like that scares me a lot, coz i've ride all that lyfans back in my country, won't tell exact models and brands, but all was made from high tensile steel as manufacturer said, and all was construction replicas of some branded bikes, and all was a scarp as was breaking or twisting after jumps or falls either. well not arguing coz chints are cheap, and thats good for people (but some spending more money on repairs and keeping it runing than new bike actually costs), but i hope that kawa's high tensile steel from thailand is something more simillar to japanese one, and absolutely different from chinese one OR NOT?.

You can buy a new Honda CBR150R FI and a Zongshen Fly 150 for about the same you would pay for one Kawasaki KLX250.[/quote
actually wery nice and smart point, and what is maximum speed i can get from cbr???

who has one of what we alking about? speak up! may be i misjudjing chints

and again

[quote]
ok. apart from adverting chinese manufacturer, what are must do's after buying new bike in thailand? for example in our homeland when you buying car that was assembled there, its better to tighten all bolts and nuts by yourself, change all the oils before even first meters of ride-in. is it the same in thailand? (anyway i'll check how bolts are tightened, but i wonder about liquids...is it better to change them after buying or its ok?)

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 04:25 PM ICT  

Lifan motorcycles doesn't make other motorcycles than Lifan, so very unlikely you ever see a Lifan motorcycle in your country under another brand name.

Some people will never trust Chinese build products, some not even trust Japanese products.

Lifan and Zongshen are both very respectful motorcycle manufacturers, both manufacturers are available all over the world as there own brand name.

The maximum speed of the new Honda CBR150R with fuel injection is surely higher then any enduro motorcycle you can buy in Thailand (including the Kawasaki KLX250). Also the Honda CBR150R will be so much more comfortable to ride at speeds over 120km/h.

In the end the choice is very simple; if you want a road legal enduro motorcycle in Thailand you can either buy a Kawasaki KLX125, KLX250 or buy a motorcycle from a Chinese manufacturer.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: nilez ()  Tuesday, 26 October 2010 @ 07:20 PM ICT  

i wonder who's riding one of those which was mentioned, and what is max for cbr

ok i didn't ride lyfan myself, but i know bunch of people who did.....galons of thread glue and oil to prevent rust.....

and that chint shit i've smashed is noname for me i've never wondered which brand its made by

ok who's riding lyfan

11 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association