By: Danny (offline)  Wednesday, 06 October 2010 @ 02:47 PM ICT (Read 3457 times)  

I need to get a reupholstered and some more cushion it or a gel pad. Where is a good shop for doing that. Any one know if there is one in the Udon area.

Danny

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Anonymous: Sam ()  Saturday, 09 October 2010 @ 09:20 AM ICT  

Quote by: Danny

I need to get a reupholstered and some more cushion it or a gel pad. Where is a good shop for doing that. Any one know if there is one in the Udon area.

What for motorcycle do we talk about? Seats with gel-packs do not come cheap and I don't thin much Thai bike seat shops are able to do this. Normally this bike seat shops have two or three different foams with different density/cushioning.

By: Anonymous: ThaiMouse ()  Saturday, 09 October 2010 @ 11:01 AM ICT  

The seat mods are easy to do yourself. If you have a industrial staple gun, the proceedure I used was as follows:-

I bought one of those gel seat covers for a bicycle at Central Festival, I live on Phuket,
Cut off the bit that would attach to the bicycle seat, do not cut near the gel sack,
Then I took the seat off the motorbike,
Carefully I undid the staples on one side, just enough to get your hand under the cover,
Carefully depress the foam and insert the gel pad to your desired possition,
Once you are happy with your handiwork,
Re-staple the cover back in place and then you are done.
Put the seat back on the bike and pat yourself on the back,
Then go for a ride.

Since I have done my own motorbike seat, I have much more happier ride and no sore tail end.

Safe riding.

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association