By: Karen (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 01:49 PM ICT (Read 8411 times)  

I was at the "Tiger - Sachs" site last night and I know that I have found my ride. I have vertigo and can not ride a two-wheeler. So, a three-wheeler is my only choice now. So, at the Tiger - Sachs site, I found a Retro with a side car for BHT48,000. This is perfectly within my budget!

Here is the site with the pics and a nice description. Can anyone suggest anything better than this at this price. I am also looking into a small tuk-tuk as well!

Your feedback will be more than welcome.

Click on image to open

Karen

Karen

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 07:06 PM ICT  

The good thing about the Tiger Retro and sidecar is that it is legal; in that you get a greenbook for the bike and side car plus a 3 year warranty. Tiger are great with their service support. Most of the sidecar additions you see running around are not legal. You probably noticed on the 'tiger sachs club' website that it does warn
"- Motorcycle with sidecar must be handled with special care and attention.
- Novice sidecar rider may find that the handling is different and controlling is rather difficult, and would need time getting used to it.
- High speeds are not recommended"

But for tootling around it should to be fine (never driven one, but several people on the tiger sachs club forum own/have driven one).

If you do go the tuk-tuk route make sure it has the greenbook/tabian. Noisy smelly things anyway! Smile I suppose they are good for when it rains.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 08:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: Karen

I was at the "Tiger - Sachs" site last night and I know that I have found my ride. I have vertigo and can not ride a two-wheeler. So, a three-wheeler is my only choice now. So, at the Tiger - Sachs site, I found a Retro with a side car for BHT48,000. This is perfectly within my budget!

Here is the site with the pics and a nice description. Can anyone suggest anything better than this at this price. I am also looking into a small tuk-tuk as well!

Your feedback will be more than welcome.

Karen

Another good alternative, for a motorcycle with sidecar, is the Stallion Buddy SME 125. I have to agree that the Tiger Retro 110 with sidecar looks much better than the Stallion's, but if eye-candy is not high on the need list, the Stallion Buddy SME 125 offer better engine performance (125cc) and with modern disc brake it also stops a good amount faster.

For the prices of the Stallion's

Standard Buddy SME 125 = Bht 39,500
And the one with roof = Bht 44,500

And I almost forget the Stallion Buddy motorcycles also come with 3-year warranty and are fully legal with greenbook...

Click on image to openClick on image to open

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Karen (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 08:24 PM ICT  

Thank you Richard and taichiplanet for your input. The person at Sachs told me that, as I already ride on a tricycle here in the US (an electric from China that I got for $895 and added over $400 for safety features as well - lights, additional parts and such. I really like that alternative option that you suggested Richard. It has what I would probably like even more as to what it can carry (my dog will go with me as well). I also like the '"legal" quality of ;the Retro as well as the easthetics. However, there is much more space for carrying items on the one you reccoment Richard. Oh, by the way, Richard, where could I get this one?

I hate having vertigo but I am more than willing to "adapt" accordingly.

Again, thank you both so much. The "land of smiles" is being expanded in my mind by your kindness as, I assume, you are both farangs, as I will be when I move there this coming August. I read The Nation comments by farangs and most seem rather nasty, unfriendly and bitter blokes at times!

Karen

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 09:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: Karen

Thank you Richard and taichiplanet for your input. The person at Sachs told me that, as I already ride on a tricycle here in the US (an electric from China that I got for $895 and added over $400 for safety features as well - lights, additional parts and such. I really like that alternative option that you suggested Richard. It has what I would probably like even more as to what it can carry (my dog will go with me as well). I also like the '"legal" quality of ;the Retro as well as the easthetics. However, there is much more space for carrying items on the one you reccoment Richard. Oh, by the way, Richard, where could I get this one?

I hate having vertigo but I am more than willing to "adapt" accordingly.

Again, thank you both so much. The "land of smiles" is being expanded in my mind by your kindness as, I assume, you are both farangs, as I will be when I move there this coming August. I read The Nation comments by farangs and most seem rather nasty, unfriendly and bitter blokes at times!

You can get more information from

P-bike Co. Ltd
19/26 Nawamin Rd.
Kannayao,
Bangkok 10230
Tel 02-948-5569-70
www.p-bike.net

I believe that P-bike is also capable to do some columnizing jobs, as I saw once a Buddy SME as noodle stand and ice-co bike. About the “bitter blokes”, I'm indeed a farang and most of the time a happy person.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 10:20 PM ICT  

All us happy blokes don't tend to write letters to the editor, so you're probably getting a one-sided view! Like anywhere, there is good and bad, bitter and sweet; which makes life interesting.

Good luck with your move, and your bike.

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Karen ()  Friday, 10 September 2010 @ 10:51 PM ICT  

I thank both of you again. Richard, I went to that site and all it was was a single page with no links at all! DId you give me the right address? I notice that it was a .net web address, ought it to have been a .com?

Thanks again.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Saturday, 11 September 2010 @ 08:40 AM ICT  

The link Richard gave you works, you have to click on the Thai script at the bottom.
Try
www.p-bike.net/index.php

or

www.p-bike.net/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_showcat&l=1&cid=12883&page=3&viewtype=1&sorttype=

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association