By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:33 AM ICT (Read 8898 times)  

On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

This post was originally posted as a comment for article The Honda Scoopy-i, a 110cc Fuel-Injection Buzzy Scooter

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:49 AM ICT  

Quote by: Anonymous; On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

The Honda Scoopy-i is not over priced? The Scoopy-i costs about the same as most other automatic scooters in Thailand.

Honda Scoopy-i price 43,300 Bht
Yamaha Fino price 44,500 Bht
Suzuki Jelato price 45,900 Bht

I looked at the competition Suzuki and Yamaha, Yamaha was quickly out of the picture the engine still uses a carburetor and modern fuels are a 'cannot'. And the Suzuki was more powerful, but I didn't want to buy a scooter for its power – therefore the cheapest choice within the selected style is the Honda Scoopy-i the cheapest you can buy.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 11:58 AM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Quote by: Anonymous; On a recent trip to Bangkok, I found my Tiger Boxer to be quite the pain in the rear when trying to weave among the cars on Sukhumvit. The turning radius is much too big, and I often had to just sit there as the little bikes squeezed between the cars this way and that, making slight progress while I made none. The little Thai scooter-like bikes clearly have their place. That said, the scoopy seems overpriced. Perhaps you should look at the more conservative/traditional lot of 125cc bikes running around 35,000 Baht.

The Honda Scoopy-i is not over priced? The Scoopy-i costs about the same as most other automatic scooters in Thailand.

Honda Scoopy-i price 43,300 Bht
Yamaha Fino price 44,500 Bht
Suzuki Jelato price 45,900 Bht

I looked at the competition Suzuki and Yamaha, Yamaha was quickly out of the picture the engine still uses a carburetor and modern fuels are a 'cannot'. And the Suzuki was more powerful, but I didn't want to buy a scooter for its power – therefore the cheapest choice within the selected style is the Honda Scoopy-i the cheapest you can buy.

So instead of the usual who is the first to the lunch destination we now going for a scooter race? Scoopy-Doopy doo...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Monday, 06 September 2010 @ 02:02 PM ICT  

I don't speak to the merits of the bike compared to others, but considering how recently that sales began in Chiang Mai, I see many on the road. Would not be surprised if their sales were not cutting into Fino's. For an automatic, it must be cheap to fuel too.

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association