By: Danny (offline)  Thursday, 19 August 2010 @ 11:26 PM ICT (Read 4282 times)  

Hello Newbee here.
Its time to buy a new bike when I get home this time. Well 2 of them, 1 for my wife. I believe she has it picked out already and there will be no changing that.
I on the other can't seem to make up my mind. I have reading a lot about the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom. As far as prices go for big bikes it looks like a good deal. I would like to here from some of the owners of them, here how they perform in town as well as long distance runs on the Highway in the mountains. How have they been holding up. Has there been any difficulties with the maintenance of them.

Now the little kid in me has been looking at the honda fury. I know it would be a blast running from the house to Udon but not sure how it would be when I snatch the wife up and run to Chang Mai. And They are still new enough that there is little in the way of feed back from owners. How ever they do seem to be priced well for Thailand.

My true love are Harley's Most of the Harleys so far have all hit the mark of being out of my price range.

Click on image to openClick on image to open

Danny

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 20 August 2010 @ 09:52 AM ICT  

Quote by: Danny

Hello Newbee here.
Its time to buy a new bike when I get home this time. Well 2 of them, 1 for my wife. I believe she has it picked out already and there will be no changing that.
I on the other can't seem to make up my mind. I have reading a lot about the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 custom. As far as prices go for big bikes it looks like a good deal. I would like to here from some of the owners of them, here how they perform in town as well as long distance runs on the Highway in the mountains. How have they been holding up. Has there been any difficulties with the maintenance of them.

Now the little kid in me has been looking at the honda fury. I know it would be a blast running from the house to Udon but not sure how it would be when I snatch the wife up and run to Chang Mai. And They are still new enough that there is little in the way of feed back from owners. How ever they do seem to be priced well for Thailand.

My true love are Harley's Most of the Harleys so far have all hit the mark of being out of my price range.

My girlfriend has a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 for a few years now and I had the pleasure to do a small test ride on a Honda Fury. Honestly, if it comes to usability in city traffic the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 wins hands down***. If it comes to eye-candy the Honda Fury wins...

Both Honda and Kawasaki know very well how to make motorcycles and basically it all comes to your personal preferences.

** to be honest I ride the Kawasaki Vulcan 900 often so that can also be the reason why the Vulcan 900 feels more natural and easier to handle in city traffic.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Danny ()  Friday, 20 August 2010 @ 01:45 PM ICT  

Thanks Richard
With your GFs Vulcan I had a few questions. I have never ridden a bike with a belt drive final before. Just wondering how much trouble one is compared to a chain. Seems like it would be a little less maintenance ( I wouldn't see were oiling it at periodic intervals would be useful ) How are they for ware, do the need replacing at more frequent interval say on an annual basses. What about slippage has that ever been a problem. How do the electronics hold up. Have there been any other issues with her bike.

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 20 August 2010 @ 05:31 PM ICT  

The drive belt is nearly maintenance free, she does visit Kawasaki for the service appointments, and I think she recalled saying that they replaced the drive belt once (15,000km). The drive belt on the Vulcan 900 is a toothed drive belt, so slipping is impossible. For electronics, other than a turning light which she once damaged, we never had any problems.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Joe ()  Sunday, 22 August 2010 @ 05:03 PM ICT  

I live in Bangkok. I would like to know where I can order the Honda Fury.

Thanks and regards,

joe

By: news (offline)  Sunday, 22 August 2010 @ 05:11 PM ICT  

Quote by: Joe

Thanks and regards,

joe

Honda has for now not official appointed a big bike dealer in Bangkok, but everybody in the motorcycle industry is convinced that Red Baron will be one of this dealers. Red Baron is already a prominent Honda dealer in Japan en Australia.

Currently Red Baron in Bangkok has the intention to keep the Honda Fury as a ongoing model in the collection (both ABS and the none-ABS model).

You can find Red Baron at
78 Ramkahmhaeng Rd.,
Saphansoong,
Bangkok 10240
Telephone 02-729-4131 or 2

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Danny (offline)  Sunday, 22 August 2010 @ 07:10 PM ICT  

Quote by: Joe

Thanks and regards,

joe

Joe Redbaren is the only place in Bangkok I have been able to find on line. If you do go there and order the fury let me know what kind of a deal they will give you. Being that they are new he probably wont come down on the price much but curious what they will do to make a sale.

Danny

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association