By: Anonymous: bradda88 ()  Thursday, 13 March 2008 @ 06:32 PM ICT (Read 17637 times)  

I was wondering if Anyone knows how to deal with the Honda phantom Cam chain tensioner problem reported by many people. Here is a quote from Wikipedia; "
The Camchain tensioner on this motorcycle is a point of failure, please check this regularly or consider buying another machine as failure of this component will cause major engine damage requiring total rebuild of the top end including Pistons, Valves and expensive labor costs".
Are there better after market parts available to solve this problem?
Thanks for any advice.
-- bradda88

By: Anonymous: Pen ()  Friday, 14 March 2008 @ 08:47 AM ICT  

It is true, the Honda Phantom has problems with its chain driven camshaft tensioner, and depending on, when you discover this cam shaft chain problem the less damage (and cost to repair).

There are some after market replacement parts which seem to be of better quality, for one customer we directly replaced the cam with a more sportier one.

As you probably know as Honda Phantom driver, any power improvements are extremely welcome.

Pen

By: Anonymous: bradda88 ()  Saturday, 15 March 2008 @ 10:15 AM ICT  

Thanks for the reply. Good to know. I don't have a phantom yet, but one is being offered a a good price and i need the bike for cheep. I always start customizing my bikes as soon as I get them (boredom and an itch to tweek them). I am suprised that I don't see many custom phantoms here in Thailand. Sure guys paint them or throw on some pipes and a new seat. But I don't see any one chopping them.(No, as an American, we don't refer to all cruiser bikes as "choppers"Wink. I located a springer fork already that will fit,(now do I cut the frame and weld on a hard tail or leave it alone?). I am always short on money these days, but this kind of thing is fun weekend work. I know many people would say to buy a real bike worth chopping, but i must stick with what I have at the moment. Any discussion on real choppers is always welcome.
cheers,
bradda88

By: Anonymous: Willy ()  Monday, 31 March 2008 @ 12:35 PM ICT  

Hello I'm from Singapore, does anybody know a shop who sells Honda Phantom parts in Bangkok?

By: Anonymous: Michelk ()  Wednesday, 30 July 2008 @ 05:46 PM ICT  

Quote by: bradda88

Thanks for the reply. Good to know. I don't have a phantom yet, but one is being offered a a good price and i need the bike for cheep. I always start customizing my bikes as soon as I get them (boredom and an itch to tweek them). I am suprised that I don't see many custom phantoms here in Thailand. Sure guys paint them or throw on some pipes and a new seat. But I don't see any one chopping them.(No, as an American, we don't refer to all cruiser bikes as "choppers"Wink. I located a springer fork already that will fit,(now do I cut the frame and weld on a hard tail or leave it alone?). I am always short on money these days, but this kind of thing is fun weekend work. I know many people would say to buy a real bike worth chopping, but i must stick with what I have at the moment. Any discussion on real choppers is always welcome.
cheers,
bradda88

Hello

Im a honda phantom *limited fire edition* ta 200 driver. Modify is possible, you can do allot on the bike, although i got to say its more pure looks then preformance tho. The preformance of the phantom, is not that of a racer. Its a comfort bike and it should stay that way. That means if you change youre handle bar you might aswell make that LESS possible with every thing you change. Example we have here a honda shadow 750, chopped up, with the chrome the special paint, lowerd the handlebars as wide as the can be ectra ectra. Its a real eyecatcher but not nearly as comfortable to drive then my Phantom.

But iff you want to really mod youre bike, dont go to the honda dealer. The offer you some things that are way to expensive *crashbars ectra*

Call this number

0849157999 his name is Heng (www.motocyc.com) he can provide eveything for the phantom custom. Goes for chrome pegs till entire leatherworks for the phantom as you wish.

He is located in Bangkok, but i live on Koh samui. You can get parts send to youre dealer *just talk to youre dealer* he can work that out with him.

Have fun tuning en above all enjoy youre bike!

By: Anonymous: seong ()  Sunday, 22 March 2009 @ 10:44 AM ICT  

i also want to buy a phantom soon.
one thing i want to know is phaotom maximum is how many??
and how to solve that chain problem?

thanks

By: Anonymous: seong ()  Sunday, 22 March 2009 @ 10:46 AM ICT  

The maximum speed can up to how many kmh?
also how to solve this problem if i wish to modification.

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association