17 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: Anonymous: Anonymous ()  Thursday, 08 July 2010 @ 12:59 PM ICT (Read 20236 times)  

The dealers are obviously not aware of the Fi version, as they insist it still has a carbie. Does anyone know if there is a loss of underseat space due to the Fi? I wanna fit a full face helmet in there, the carbie version can take it.

This posting was originally posted as a comment for the article The Suzuki Hayate 125 DCP-FI, 125cc scooter with Fuel-Injection

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 08 July 2010 @ 01:14 PM ICT  

First the Suzuki Hayate 125fi with fuel injection is very new, and it's very likely that most independent dealers – that are Suzuki dealers who not only sell Suzuki and are not owned or directly operated by Suzuki Thailand – don't have the Suzuki Hayate 125fi on stock or are in the first line to receive them.

Best you can visit the Suzuki website and look for a Suzuki dealer, or you can also visit Suzuki Plaza on Phahonyothin Road. By visiting Suzuki plaza you can also see the Suzuki Thailand big bike line-up, and other positive thing is that they have always the right brochure available.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Jackknive ()  Thursday, 08 July 2010 @ 10:37 PM ICT  

Why would I consider a Suzuki Hayate 125 with fuel injection over anything already available on the market? Is it much better, or has better performance than the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance 135cc?

By: Anonymous: cmx ()  Friday, 09 July 2010 @ 11:47 AM ICT  

The older model Hayate (with carb) was not far off in having merits of the Nouvo Elegance. It too is larger than the Jelato, Fino, set. It offered (and still does) bigger seating, a larger storage area, the 16" tires, and of course auto x-mission. Recent models offered improved engine metallurgy. Alloy wheels are also an option (though I don't know about tubeless tires and their prices - in either case.)

Now that it will allow E-20, the Hayate can use slightly less costly fuel and quite possibly better k/l efficiency. But the real test will be price. It might be possible (and this is merely my wildest speculation) to purchase one for considerably less than the Yamaha NE. And even Suzuki's old Hayate brochures suggest considerable speeds (however fictional) are possible.

Paint schemes and plastics will be a matter for personal preference!

By: Richard (offline)  Friday, 09 July 2010 @ 01:13 PM ICT  

I agree with CMX, the Suzuki Hayate is best comparable with the Yamaha Nouvo Elegance. But with the latest fuel-injection upgrade, Suzuki is capable to offer a bit more modern machine. The fueling on the Hayate 125cc engine is excellent. Starting is flawless, even if you run on E20.

For the prices of the new Suzuki Hayate 125 with fuel-injection you can visit the Suzuki price list

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: taichiplanet ()  Friday, 09 July 2010 @ 07:01 PM ICT  

I printed out the specs and went to my local dealer this arvo. They said they can get the Hayate Fi! Suspicious, i kept asking 'Fi'. Answer always yes. Price was 49k which made me more suspicious (this site earlier today said the Fi was 1k more than the carbie, it now says it is 3k more). I asked when they can deliver, answer; 1 hour. What colour do you want! Even more suspicious now! Luckily the woman had the price list in front of me and i could see the model number was not right (had F, G at end instead of I). I pointed that out and she showed me something that was written in Thai next to it and said fuel injection. Eventually it dawned on her (after several more times of me saying it wasn't the Fi model) so she rang someone. A little embarrassed she said can get one in 3 months!!!

I have to give my borrowed Nuovo back, so now my choice is buy the Wave 110i AT or rent for another month or so and hope my other bike gets finished so that i can see what comes out in 3 or 4 months. Maybe the Elegance might have Fi by then!

The Hayate Fi at 52k is losing it's edge over the Nuovo. If i buy a Wave AT at 44K Iknow it's a different style bike), it means i can buy a new fridge!

By: news (offline)  Friday, 09 July 2010 @ 07:24 PM ICT  

I can understand that the Suzuki dealer was a bit confused, as you said, we where also a bit confused about the price of the new Suzuki Hayate 125 with fuel-injection. We have the same price list Suzuki dealer use, and the information regarding the new Hayate with fuel-injection is not directly clear.

Currently the prices on our price list are correct, but be advised that the prices are just recommended retail prices – you probably can find a better deal.

The new Suzuki Hayate 125 DCP-FI has some delivery problems, main reason is that lots of independent dealers did not pre-order the newest fuel-injection model. But I not think that the problems with restocking the dealers will take 3-months. You likely have more luck with a dedicated Suzuki dealer – where are you located so we can ask Suzuki if they have a dealer with stock around your location?

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Saturday, 10 July 2010 @ 12:58 PM ICT  

I'm in Pattaya, Jomtien/Bang Saray area. Thanks for the help, the dealer list on the Suzuki website is in Thai and i am at pre-school trying to learn the alphabet!

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:
: +4

By: Anonymous: cnx ()  Saturday, 10 July 2010 @ 09:56 PM ICT  

Richard,

If it is not too much trouble, or too late, could you ask about delivery to Chiang Mai as well? I went to one "official" Suzuki dealer (large modern showroom featuring the brand's "S" on it) and they were completely oblivious, indeed, indifferent.

At another dealer, a "go-ahead" outfit on our Superhighway that is already showing 4 new Shogun bikes with Fi, they presently have no Hayate Fi. I'll go over Monday anyway and ask more, as I did not see the English speaking staff on this Saturday. Also, it is often the case here that "new" models cost more. For example (as I've posted elsewhere), a 2009 new Yamaha Nouvo Elegance has a reduction in price of 3000 baht now - they say - bringing it "down" to 56,500 with spokes, license, and basic insurance.

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Sunday, 11 July 2010 @ 09:58 AM ICT  

I had been leaning back towards the Wave AT, but if i can get the Hayate Fi soon i would get one. Seems to be only 2 colours, so i'll have a red one please! Though the photos of the Hayate 2010 (Fi) seem to be the same photos as in the Hayate 2009 (carbie) section (but 5 colours available in 2009), so maybe the Fi has a different colour scheme and slightly different body work?

I don't know if the Distributors page on the website is complete (might be a good idea if they put the city name after the company name!) but running it through google translator there didn't seem to be any in Pattaya or Changmai. Some in Chonburi, Sri Racha, Rayong but do i really want a bike that if there is trouble i can't wheel down the road 1km or so to my local dealer.

Richard, if you do talk to some at Suzuki office tell them the downloadt brochure (in the different model sections) is not working; comes up as an attack page, and even if i ignore the warning nothing comes up.

CMX, as you probably know from another post i've done; i was offered the Elegance at 2 different dealers for 56,050 with alloy wheels, tax/rego/ins. Maybe there is a delivery fee to Changmai but that is a pure rip-off!

Also, i'd like to know for the Fi version whether a full face helmet will fit under the seat. Thanks!

Although there are many different cultures, races and religions in the world, there are only 3 types of people; those that squeeze every last drop out of a toothpaste tube, those that don’t and those that think they do.

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 13 July 2010 @ 08:48 AM ICT  

Apparently Suzuki Thailand has underestimated the demand for the new Hayate 125 DCP-FI (fuel-injection), the delay in delivery can take up to a month or a bit longer.

If I needed to make the select the Honda Wave 110AT or the Suzuki Hayate 125 DCP-FI I also would have a hard time deciding. The Honda is equipped with the latest in CVT technology and it's safe to say that the Honda wins on the level of new technologies used. The Suzuki on the other-hand is more conventional, not to say that the DCP-FI fuel-injection is less advanced compared to the PGM-FI we find on the Honda Wave 110AT, but the Suzuki's power comes much more from the extra 15cc and less from technology.

Does the new CV-Matic on the Honda actually reduces the need for service? Nobody really knows, sure Honda claims it, and less friction means most of the time - less heat and components wear less. But it's very new technology and has little to say for itself other than Honda says that it's good. The conventional Continues Variable Transmission (CVT) found on most scooters in the world has a long history and service is very predictable...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: taichiplanet (offline)  Tuesday, 13 July 2010 @ 02:21 PM ICT  

Thanks for all your advice Richard. This morning i went to the local Suzuki dealer (luckily about 1 km away) with the intention of buying the Hayate Fi. The problem, as you mentioned, is the demand seems to be great. The sales woman rang the head office. My thai is not very good but basically i think she said they could not guarantee a delivery date; it could be a couple of weeks or a couple of months. Mityon Bkk don't have any stock. I suppose in a month or so it will settle down and supplies be a bit more predictable.

The Hayate fitted my criteria better but i cannot wait, so i ordered a Wave 110i AT and pick it up tomorrow. So now i need to find a set of alloy wheels and make a cloth saddle bag!

taichiplanet

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Karl ()  Friday, 16 July 2010 @ 05:44 PM ICT  

Any new update on the possible delivery date of the new Suzuki Hayate 125 with fuel injection?

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 20 July 2010 @ 05:06 PM ICT  

With the current developments surrounding the distribution of Suzuki motorcycles in Thailand I would say that it would take about 14 days to one month for Suzuki motorcycle Thailand to sort out the current distribution problems.Thai Bike

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Stan ()  Tuesday, 16 May 2017 @ 09:11 PM ICT  

I have a idle problem with a Suzuki Hayate 125 with fuel injection. What could be the problem?

17 posts :: Page 1 of 2