By: Anonymous: Carl ()  Wednesday, 30 June 2010 @ 01:14 PM ICT (Read 2692 times)  

I'm 22 living in Bangkok and have a question. Why is the Thai motorcycle market so disappointing? It's full of 125s but most of them are more the style my mother would like.

Ok, there are a few better looking bike out there but they barely whet my appetite. I want the bike that acts the part as well as looks it. Why won't someone create a bike that's really appealing?SGG4SG

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 06:09 PM ICT  

Some manufacturers offer nice looking motorcycle on the Thai market, take a look at the 250cc Tiger Boxer 250RS, the 200cc Lifan LF200GY-5, or at the 150cc Zongshen Ryuka Fly 150.

Sure, this is just a snapshot... Kawasaki also has the 125cc D-Tracker 125 available...

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Matty (offline)  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 08:15 PM ICT  

While the 250cc tiger boxer may be a good bike, the styling looks from 1970, They really need to modernize the looks of the bike.
The 200 cc Lifan looks like a 1980 honda trail bike,
The 125cc Kawasaki D-tracker looks great but has a weak under powered engine.
The 150cc Zongshen looks modern and great and has alot better performance, this is the bike i would choose from these 4 bikes.

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Richard (offline)  Tuesday, 06 July 2010 @ 10:19 PM ICT  

From some fact, I actually had the pleasure ride one, Lifan is soon – likely at the end of the year or early next year – going to introduce a modern 250cc liquid-cooled motard style motorcycle which can challenge the Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 on the price level of the Kawasaki D-Tracker 125.

If anybody with a unmodified Kawasaki D-Tracker 250 wants to challenge the prediction, they can contact me by PM and we have a go – probably a good article for a next story...
------------------------------------------

The Tiger 250 RS looks maybe ancient, it's able to run on fuels most other motorcycles have problems with. The power of the 232cc engine is outperforming anything new available... The Tiger is clearly the most powerful bike...

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association