By: Anonymous: Warp Racer ()  Friday, 21 May 2010 @ 05:36 AM ICT (Read 4925 times)  

The next step would be to get the bike onto a Dyno for final mapping (even Power Commander recommends this).

My 999S has a PCIII with two map options, but I plan on going to a Microtec ECU with dual lambda probes and their 'auto-mapping' feature with their now standard pro software. A buddy of mine in Portugal has just fitted the system onto his 749R track bike and just had his newly acquired MV-Agusta (ex-Superbike - the real deal) Microtec ECU software set up by the Microtech technician that he flew in from the UK.

I'll keep anyone who is interested posted on the results of the dual lambda system with auto-mapping on his 749R, but I won't hijack this thread anymore and will start a fresh one later.

Cheers all, Warp

This posting was originally posted as comment for article The DynoJet Power Commander, Tailor-Made Fuel Mapping

By: Anonymous: Cob ()  Friday, 21 May 2010 @ 08:24 AM ICT  

I always wondered it the Dynojet powercommander 3 is worth buying. They not come cheap in Thailand.

By: Anonymous: GSXer ()  Friday, 21 May 2010 @ 08:46 AM ICT  

I have a Suzuki GSX-R750 and it's running rich, the dyno graph shows the air/fuel ratio is well above the upper limit at nearly 15 at 5,000 rpm below 12 at 7,000 rpm, when it dips again. It should be between 12.5 and 13.5, right?

My mechanic reckons the GSX-R750 is running rich due to the Yoshi map and can. He suggested I come back for another dyno time and a re-map. Where a DynoJet Power Commander III could sort out the a/f ratio.

On the other hand I wonder if a high flow air-filter would help even out this ratio by making the Suzuki breathe a bit more freely with the Yoshi race can on the same fuel map.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Saturday, 22 May 2010 @ 08:54 AM ICT  

The short answer is, 'No'. In our experience, changing the air-filter alone, the power gains are often zero. You gain some benefits if you create a higher-air-feed.

Without doubt, what you need is a DynoJet Power Commander, or something equal, and a custom map. The Yoshimura can on a Suzuki GSX-R750 should have removed the catalytic converter box, it's more like a full system than a can and the gas flow will be radically different.

We know a guy in Germany, who has the same bike as you, and he gained 9 hp with a Power Commender III and can. You should be able to get a least 5 hp more, even if the Yoshimura isn't as free-flowing (also less noisy, which is always good in Thailand).

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 26 May 2010 @ 10:17 AM ICT  

Quote by: Cob

I always wondered it the Dynojet powercommander 3 is worth buying. They not come cheap in Thailand.

Cob,

If you have a std bike. You could always try a Techlusion EFI unit. You can adjust it yourself and feel the difference in the seat of your pants. This alleviates the need for Dyno time.

Easy to fit. Just get it mailed to your home address.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: John ()  Friday, 08 October 2010 @ 12:10 PM ICT  

I put a full exhaust system on my Suzuki GSX-R1000. I got a Power Commander III too as I was told it wouldn't run right without and might damage the engine. The Power Commander came with a map and I can download more using my computer. Should I take it and get it setup by a dyno-operator? I've spent so much on the exhaust and Power Commander I don't want to shell out any more

6 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association