By: Anonymous: Nutta ()  Sunday, 09 May 2010 @ 06:21 AM ICT (Read 5375 times)  

Good morning!

I'd like to rent some big bike for a special trip. Kawasaki KLR 650, or BMW Daka (Similar style). Please kindly get back to me whether you allow us for rental if possible please.

By: tigersachsclub (offline)  Sunday, 09 May 2010 @ 07:56 AM ICT  

Quote by: Nutta

Good morning!

I'd like to rent some big bike for a special trip. Kawasaki KLR 650, or BMW Daka (Similar style). Please kindly get back to me whether you allow us for rental if possible please.

Hi there, the only bike i can think of with the near same style is the d-tracker 250, or Klx 250 if you more on the offroad.
In chiang mai pop car rent has them available not sure who in BKK,

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox
"i wanna ride you!"

tigersachsclub

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 09 May 2010 @ 11:51 AM ICT  

I think that renting a Kawasaki KLR650 in Thailand can be a problem, but last time I was in Pattaya I saw a few places that rented big bikes and some had also the latest Kawasaki EN6N.

While the Kawasaki ER6N is surely not an Adventure bike, it's still a very good motorcycle for exploring Thailand.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Sunday, 09 May 2010 @ 12:08 PM ICT  

Sorry, no KLR650s available in Thailand, even though they are assembled here.
But that's another story isn't it Kawasaki Thailand?
Thumbdown

By: Anonymous: Bella ()  Tuesday, 11 May 2010 @ 01:48 PM ICT  

Thanks so much for all your suggestion. However, I need to find out more whether there is any shop in BKK and Ubonratchathani or not.

By: Anonymous: Simon ()  Tuesday, 11 May 2010 @ 02:13 PM ICT  

The Kawasaki KLR650 is just not available in Thailand, and the BMW's are probably to expensive for a rental business. Currently the only motorcycles (650cc) you can find for rental are Kawasaki ER6N and Ninja 650R's, sure some rental shops in tourists places rent out other big bikes, but these bikes have often paperwork problems and the owners don't allow you to leave town with them.

By: Anonymous: Myrtle ()  Tuesday, 07 December 2010 @ 01:13 AM ICT  

Quote by: Simon

The Kawasaki KLR650 is just not available in Thailand, and the BMW's are probably to expensive for a rental business. Currently the only motorcycles (650cc) you can find for rental are Kawasaki ER6N and Ninja 650R's, sure some rental shops in tourists places rent out other big bikes, but these bikes have often paperwork problems and the owners don't allow you to leave town with them.

I arrive a bit late on that topic but Siam Wheels have 2 Kawasaki ER6n for rent. They even have GPS with recommanded rides. I tested the ER6N, it a smooth and comfortable bike. I did Huahine and Pattaya couple times. Those bikes have papers so no worries you can leave town with them;-)

-------------------
You can find Siam Wheels and other motorcycle rental companies at Motorcycles for Rent

By: Anonymous: bpw ()  Tuesday, 25 September 2012 @ 03:34 AM ICT  

Well I here they are renting out big bikes in Chiang Rai now to.

8 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association