16 posts :: Page 1 of 2
By: SutusB25 (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 03:59 PM ICT (Read 14332 times)  

Can anybody detail the ratios in the 6 speed box?

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 04:50 PM ICT  

The transmission ratio for the Honda Phantom TA200 is;

Primary reduction : 3,090
Gear Ratio, 1st : 2,545
Gear Ratio, 2nd : 1,687
Gear Ratio, 3rd : 1,280
Gear Ratio, 4th : 1,041
Gear Ratio, 5th : 0,903
Gear Ratio, 6th : 0.814
Final reduction is 3,154

I hope this answers your question.
Ride On

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: Anonymous: Robert ()  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 05:36 PM ICT  

@thaidesign

Do you have more technical specification for the Honda Phantom TA200?

By: SutusB25 (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 05:45 PM ICT  

Quote by: ThaiDesign

Final reduction is 3,154

Ride On

Smashing Thanks

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 05:45 PM ICT  

Honda Phantom TA200 Technical Specifications

Phantom TA200 Dimensions

Overall length 2,260 mm
Overall width 730 mm
Overall height 1,065 mm
Wheel base 1,505 mm
Ground clearance 148 mm

Phantom TA200 Weight

Dry weight 140 kg

Phantom TA200 Capacities

Engine oil (after draining) 1,0 liter
Engine oil (after disassembly) 1,2 liter
Fuel tank 11,2 liter
Fuel reserve 2,68 liter
Passenger capacity Operator and one passenger
Maximum weigh capacity 126 kg

Phantom TA200 Engine

Bore and stroke 63,5 x 62,2 mm
Compression ratio 9,0:1
Displacement 196,9cc
Spark plug DPR8EA 9 (NGK) or
X24EPR U9 (Denso)
Spark plug cap 0,80 - 0,90 mm
Idle speed 1,400 +/- 100 min (rpm)

Phantom TA200 Chassis and Suspension

Caster 31°10'
Trail 117 mm
Tire size, front 90/90 - 17 49P
Tire size, rear 130/90 - 15 M/C 66P

Phantom TA200 Electrical

MF Battery 12V ~ 3.5Ah
Generator 130W/5000 min (rpm)
Main fuse 15A

Phantom TA200 Lights

Headlight 12V ~ 30/30W
Tail/brake light 12V ~ 5/18W
Turn signal light (front/rear) 12V ~ 15W x 2
Instrument light 12V ~ 1,7W x 2
License light bulb 12V ~ 5W
Neutral indicator light 12V ~ 1,7W
Turn signal indicator light 12V ~ 1,7W
High beam indicator light 12V ~ 1,7W

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:

By: SutusB25 (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 06:06 PM ICT  

Final reduction is 3,154

Ride On

Understand all except "Primary reduction"
From this data I assume Driver 13T Driven 41T
Do you know the max size of the Driver?

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 07:22 PM ICT  

Hi Alan,

You would not believe it but the service manual that I have doesn't says a word about the the sprocket sizes. I can tell you the tighten torque of the axle nut is 88 N-m (9.0 kgf-m). The slack in the chain should not excite 20 to 30mm and the replacement drive chain is RK 520 M09.

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:

By: SutusB25 (offline)  Thursday, 22 April 2010 @ 09:43 PM ICT  

Hi Alan,

You would not believe it but the service manual that I have doesn't says a word about the the sprocket sizes. I can tell you the tighten torque of the axle nut is 88 N-m (9.0 kgf-m). The slack in the chain should not excite 20 to 30mm and the replacement drive chain is RK 520 M09.

I know for certain that the Driven Sprocket has 41 T . Therefore using the info u supplied (ie Final reduction 3.154:1) 41T/3.154 = 13T

I am having a couple of sprockets(different sizes) manufactured in the UK to reduce this Final ratio.
This will increase the 1st gear ratio as a consequence ,but not close to the 2nd Standard ratio

It would be simpler to increase the Driver from 13 T to 14 T. The question is will it fit or just foul the gear box casing.
I do not know.

Thanks again for your help

Alan Light

SutusB25

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: kai ()  Thursday, 11 July 2013 @ 05:55 AM ICT  

Does anyone know if Honda Phantom TA200 require transmission fluid change ?

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 11 July 2013 @ 03:02 PM ICT  

Quote by: kai

Does anyone know if Honda Phantom TA200 require transmission fluid change ?

The Honda Phantom TA200 doesn't use separate transmission fluid, you only need to change the engine oil.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: kai ()  Friday, 12 July 2013 @ 10:33 AM ICT  

Thanks for the answer obviously you have or had a Phantom , I just bought my Phantom 1 week ago according to speed odometer 10199km as I cruise around 80kph on 5th and 6th gear it make noise like dampen dirt bike engine just wondering if you know what that noise is could it be wear bearing ?
Appreciate

By: news (offline)  Friday, 12 July 2013 @ 10:54 AM ICT  

Quote by: kai

Thanks for the answer obviously you have or had a Phantom , I just bought my Phantom 1 week ago according to speed odometer 10199km as I cruise around 80kph on 5th and 6th gear it make noise like dampen dirt bike engine just wondering if you know what that noise is could it be wear bearing ?
Appreciate

Personally I never had a Honda Phantom TA200, but I have most of the Honda service manuals and I can insure you that the engine of the TA200 has no separate transmission fluid/oil.

You should use a good quality four-stroke motorcycle engine oil, I prefer to advice multi-grade 20W-40 or 20W-50. Second advice, buy the best your money can buy as saving small change on engine oil is in the end always more expensive.

If you have just bought the Honda Phantom TA200 you probably want to read the English version of the owners manual, which you can download for free here:

- Honda Phantom TA200 English owner's manual

In the owners manual you can also find how to change the engine oil of your Honda Phantom TA200. By the way the Phantom TA200 engine use about 1 liter engine oil, so forget buying 700cc bottles...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: kai ()  Monday, 15 July 2013 @ 06:01 AM ICT  

Thanks for the motorbike owner’s manual I just came from my bike ride Chiang Rai to Nan you are right about Phantom consume motor oil , i check the dipstick before I head back to Chiang Rai in the morning no oil indicated on the dipstick I have to go to nearest motorbike shop to fill up with motor oil before I ride back .
I never have a motorbike before. Oil consume is normal for Phantom?

By: davidstipek (offline)  Wednesday, 17 July 2013 @ 10:39 PM ICT  

Quote by: SutusB25

Hi Alan,

I know for certain that the Driven Sprocket has 41 T . Therefore using the info u supplied (ie Final reduction 3.154:1) 41T/3.154 = 13T

I am having a couple of sprockets(different sizes) manufactured in the UK to reduce this Final ratio.
This will increase the 1st gear ratio as a consequence ,but not close to the 2nd Standard ratio

It would be simpler to increase the Driver from 13 T to 14 T. The question is will it fit or just foul the gear box casing.
I do not know.

Alan
I have a quick easy and sure way to find gear ratio / NT for each gear. (So you can correctly figure Gear Ratio's). Go to a Motorcycle parts house and ask then to show you Parts manual. They will have to confirm correct parts for prospective buyer if questioned.
Then go to pages with rear of bike breakdown and will tell you sizes of final drive ratio/teeth per gear, slso size of chain (example: 520... 420... 428... 428H) these are chain link sizes which you will need to get correct tooth sized sprockets. The page should show you These items:
drive gear shaft (This will be Drive gear for 1st gear), Driven gear (1st)
Drive gear (2nd) Countershaft gear (Driven gear for 2nd gear)
Drive and driven gear sets for the rest of the transmission (4 speed, 5 speed, 6 speed whatever...)
Then follow the same on transmission breakdown text, check each gear 1-6 it will give you sizes(NT - nmber of teeth) for each gear giving you all the information to check Primary Drive set, Transmission Sets, Final gear Ratio, and here the chain size needed to get correct final drive sprockets...

This way you know exactly what is in engine. If you know the driven gear is 41T then this will affirm to you if your calculations are correct in figuring out the size (NT) of your drive gear.

Again I am not talking about going to a Dealer... Here in Chiang Mai we have Motorcycle Parts House by Large Indoor Market and in Soi behind Temple... This is just an example how and where I went to retrieve this information, since no one seemed to have and Suzuki had taken the stand "Not to Share". ok? I needed this information for my Suzuki Crystal... I found it this way... hope this helps. Any Parts house should have parts manuals for just about 100% (maybe 99.8%) of all Motorcycles they sell parts for. They might even make copies of the needed pages for you! Just a Thought... I know how it feels to try and get information and doesn't seem to be much out there...
Also a Note: It will give you the Optional Sizes that can be used for your final Gear Ratio Drive Gear. If you get all this information email me and I will send you a link that lets you check performace of different Tire sizes and final drive, Drive and Driven Gear sets. If you are lucky your stock gearing will be already loaded into program... If not at this stage you will have aquired everything to load correct information yourself!!! The online program is free, for a very minimul fee site will send you a version you can download and store all your information. You will also get very regular updates as more Bikes are added into base information storage! (This I like!!) Hell! Heres the link: www.gearingcommander.com// Have fun!!

Luck to Ya!
David

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

By: davidstipek (offline)  Sunday, 04 August 2013 @ 11:03 PM ICT  

Quote by: SutusB25

Hi Alan,

I do not know.

Alan
Like I stated earlier elsewhere in your quest here for Phantom Info... Go to Motorcycle parts house does not need to be a Honda store. Actually better if they sell/stock for all Brands.
The Phantom Parts Manual WILL give you all gear sizes (NT) it will also give you any optional Gear sizes for final Drive Modifications.... Best place to look, can't make a mistake!!
Now while you are there... ask to see sprocket Parts Manual not by Honda but a Good brand they stock. It will list Bike Manufacturers and give you all available. It will even give you for final Drive sprocket give you mounting shaft (Geared Shaft) inside/outside and width measurements... This will be vauble in your search quest or if you deside to have made.
As example: book showed standard drive sprocket for my Suzuki as a 14T... It showed an Optional drive gear as 15T... this is for my bike... not your Phantom, ok?
Easy took 15 minutes and I had been searching for a Month to get gear sizes.... Ask News, I have been bugging them here forever. Dirt RoadRide OnRoad Cruise

David

davidstipek

Group Comfort
Level:

16 posts :: Page 1 of 2
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association