Login
Welcome to Motorcycle Thailand
Monday, July 07 2014 @ 10:28 AM ICT
 Forum Index >  Motorcycle Manufacturers >  Honda Motorcycles New Topic Post Reply
 Honda Big Bike Thailand
First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last    |  Printable Version
By: tigersachsclub (offline)  Friday, May 14 2010 @ 05:44 AM ICT  
tigersachsclub

Quote by: Ron

Maybe a misunderstanding here.
I was asking for the email address of Honda Motorcycles Thailand; not a private address.
I have tried to find one on their website, but they don't seem to want to be contacted!

Good luck to finding one(email address for honda thailand) and even more lucky to get a response to it...customer relations are non-existent from Honda and many other Companies here ( even those who don't built bikes), maybe you get a better response when you walk to some of their Dealerships?

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox
"i wanna ride you!"

Forum Newbie

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Friday, May 14 2010 @ 10:53 AM ICT  
Anonymous: Julien

Hi,
I went last year to the Safety riding center of Honda for a 2 days Big Bike group training course (Ramkhameng area).
They have a lot of models at this center (Honda CB1000R, Honda CB600 Hornet, CBR series, etc...) but only for traning purpose (what a pity...).
I still have some name cards at my place, will double check with the Honda riding center team if they heard of any big bike release by the end of this year... Hope so for all of us Smile !
If I get any feedback from them will post an update on the same forum,
keep you posted then,

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Friday, May 14 2010 @ 04:36 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Ron

Thanks Julien.
Thumbup

By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Thursday, May 27 2010 @ 05:56 PM ICT  

Hi,
Got feedback from Honda that they will not release any big bikes, whatsoever the model by the end of this year Sad
In fact they froze the "big wing" building project (ramintra) - kind of Showroom for big bikes - for economical reason, so they will not retail any BB model in thailand until this bldg is complete...
This is an info from Honda riding center team, so quite reliable i guess.

Sorry guys, will have to deal with Kawa then!
cheers,

Julien

By: Anonymous: 少年ホンダ ()  Thursday, May 27 2010 @ 08:07 PM ICT  
Anonymous: 少年ホンダ

For both Thai law and the Honda company 250cc is not considered a big bike. Officially, for Thai law, and ASEAN rules, 250cc is the largest possible small sized engine allowed.

By: news (offline)  Friday, May 28 2010 @ 08:03 AM ICT  
news

As earlier posted, we have the idea that Honda will introduce big bikes at the end of the year. And we also believe that Honda will not wait so long with bringing a 250cc class motorcycle on the market.

Especially now that Honda has stopped the production and sales of everything what looked like a real motorcycle in the eyes of Thai teenagers. The Honda CBR150R, Honda Phantom TA200, Honda Sonic 125, and basically every carburetor motorcycle is out of production.

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +31

Profile Email Website  
By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Wednesday, June 02 2010 @ 01:44 PM ICT  

Hi,

I hope you are right.
However, when I ask the question to the Honda riding center team, their answer was very firm : Nothing this year !
no VTR250, no CB600/1000R, no CBR600/1000RR, no VFR1300... They told me they would be the first ones to know if there was any new bike realease by the end of this year on the Thai market.
I am going to the Honda riding center in 2 weeks, will try to talk to different persons there to get further info about any development.
... let's cross fingers and see.

Keep you posted,

Julien

By: Anonymous: Julien ()  Wednesday, June 02 2010 @ 01:54 PM ICT  

... sorry I meant "[...] no VFR1200"

Julien

By: Anonymous: Dean ()  Thursday, June 03 2010 @ 05:25 PM ICT  
Anonymous: Dean

There is rumor and speculation that around September or so, that Honda will come out with a new CBR 15R with F/I, and that they are also coming out with a 200cc F/I model. But no one seems to know for sure. Some dealers here say "definitely, yes!", while others merely shrug and seem not to know anything. Can you shed any light on this matter? I currently have a 1 yr old CBR 150R, but would happily sell it and get a CBR 200, providing the extra 50cc's were not just a reworked version of the current engine on the Phantom.

By: Richard (offline)  Thursday, June 03 2010 @ 05:44 PM ICT  
Richard

There is often some truth in a widespread rumor, but the facts are that Honda is unlikely to create unique engine for the Thai market. Especially now that Honda has started the production of 250cc class motorcycles in Thailand, currently this motorcycles and parts are for export only. Therefore its more likely that Honda will introducing 223cc single-cylinder and 250cc V-twin cylinder motorcycles in Thailand. Basically the Honda CBR150R and many other motorcycles needed to move of the production floor to make space for the new production lines.

Personally I did lots of engines building, redesigning and reworking of stock engines for race teams, but if somebody asked me to rework a Honda Phantom TA200 engine so it would be able to be labeled as a CBR engine I would recline and suggest that starting from a scratch would be more efficient.

Anyway, not sure if Honda Thailand will be able to get anything on the market by September, current production levels are already at the highest – hard to squeeze anything out of that for the domestic market.
Honda CBR

Forum Active Member

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

Profile Email    
New Topic Post Reply

First | Previous | 1 2 | Next | Last

All times are ICT. The time is now 10:28 am.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic w/ New Post Sticky Topic w/ New Post
Locked Topic w/ New Post Locked Topic w/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

Advertising

Poll

How many times have you crashed your motorcycle in the last three years?

•  Never
  •  Once
  •  Twice
  •  Three times
  •  Four times
  •  Five times
  •  More than 6 times
  •  More than 10 times
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 2,655 votes | 13 comments

TMEA MEMBER