14 posts :: Page 1 of 1
By: Anonymous: เร็ว ()  Tuesday, 09 March 2010 @ 08:43 PM ICT (Read 12178 times)  

Hello

I read the article about the Yamaha V-star 250, is there somebody who can tell how much this bike will cost in Thailand? I love the V-twin and complete look of the bike.

By: Richard (offline)  Wednesday, 10 March 2010 @ 06:43 AM ICT  

It's always difficult to predict the retail price of a product which is currently not been sold in Thailand. But if the Yamaha V-star 250 (or Virago 250) will be distributed from Malaysia to Thailand, it will benefit from the Free-Trade-Agreement between the ASEAN member states.

So the price of the Yamaha V-star 250 will not be much higher then if Yamaha was building the machines here in Thailand. Yamaha Thailand is already selling some automatic scooters/underbone motorcycles in Malaysia, and they are almost identical to the Thai price...Thai Bike

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: finzean100 ()  Saturday, 13 March 2010 @ 07:26 AM ICT  

HI i really want one of these bikes.As someone who is rather slender and puny it would appear to be just the bike for me!! I sat on a Yamaha 400cc v twin Today and found the weight intimidating I would be frightened to ride a bike like this.But from all the stuff I have been reading about this little bike it sounds perfect!!! When do you think we will find out if Yamaha are going to import it? I guess if they announce it you guys will put it up on the site!!!!!

By: Richard (offline)  Saturday, 13 March 2010 @ 07:38 AM ICT  

We hope to find out more about the Yamaha V-star 250 at the press days of the Bangkok Motorshow 2010. It's even possible that Yamaha will show the cruiser at the show. So let keep our fingers crossed and hope that we will get the happy news soon...Ride On

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Monday, 15 March 2010 @ 08:55 PM ICT  

Chatty,
During the Press days at the Motor Show could you also ask Yamaha what their plans are re their Tenere 660 for possible Thai release?
Thank you.
Wave
Dirt Road

By: finzean100 (offline)  Saturday, 27 March 2010 @ 11:15 PM ICT  

Quote by: finzean100

HI i really want one of these bikes.As someone who is rather slender and puny it would appear to be just the bike for me!! I sat on a Yamaha 400cc v twin Today and found the weight intimidating I would be frightened to ride a bike like this.But from all the stuff I have been reading about this little bike it sounds perfect!!! When do you think we will find out if Yamaha are going to import it? I guess if they announce it you guys will put it up on the site!!!!!

Hi Me Again I have been looking for any news on whether the V Star Will Be sold in Thailand but cannot find any more information!! Anyone have any Idea!!!

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: Richard (offline)  Sunday, 28 March 2010 @ 09:43 AM ICT  

No information at all from Yamaha Thailand, our source from Malaysia told us that the production plans are still on schedule. Visiting the Yamaha booth was a bit disappointing, there was not more information or bike models you can find at biggest dealer in downtown Bangkok.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:

By: finzean100 (offline)  Sunday, 28 March 2010 @ 04:48 PM ICT  

Hi Me Again I have been looking for any news on whether the V Star Will Be sold in Thailand but cannot find any more information!! Anyone have any Idea!!!

Hi Thanks for that it looks like it could be quite some time before this bike is sold in Thailand,if ever!!! I really would like to buy a bike fairly soon while I know I am NOT going to find anyting which will suit me half as well as the V star does anyone have any ideas about an alternative which is available in Thailand.I want someting easy to ride not too big and preferably a Chopper!! Any ideas would be most welcome!!!

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Sly ()  Sunday, 28 March 2010 @ 08:32 PM ICT  

A good alternative for any motorcycle, with a bit more engine spirit then the average two-wheeler in Thailand is the Tiger Boxer 250RS. It's especially good to know that it has a more neutral riding position, while still being more responsive and has a better road-handling then both the Kawasaki Boss and Honda Phantom TA200.

And if no dealer in your area, they sell them online and get delivered to your door...

By: Anonymous: Ron ()  Monday, 29 March 2010 @ 12:01 AM ICT  

And during this month I have sent an email to Yamaha 3 times without even an acknowledgment!
So Yamaha Thailand;

a) can't read/write English?
b) don't give a damn about PR?
c) don't care about future customers?

Lift your game Yamaha!

Thumbdown
Dirt Road

By: finzean100 (offline)  Monday, 29 March 2010 @ 06:30 PM ICT  

Hi Thanks for that it looks like it could be quite some time before this bike is sold in Thailand,if ever!!! I really would like to buy a bike fairly soon while I know I am NOT going to find anyting which will suit me half as well as the V star does anyone have any ideas about an alternative which is available in Thailand.I want someting easy to ride not too big and preferably a Chopper!! Any ideas would be most welcome!!!

Me Again I really would like a chopper I do not think the Tiger Boxer is a Chopper, Is It? What about the is it Liff you have some nice picture of it on the site in fact it looks quite like the V star. I must say I am amazed that in a consumer driven society like Thailand that manufactures and dealers are not falling over themselves to tempt potential buyers with their wares it is almost as if they do not want you to be able to see or Buy their products!! To use one of my few Thai words it is really BAA!!!

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Sly ()  Tuesday, 30 March 2010 @ 06:03 AM ICT  

Its not only Yamaha Thailand which doesn't answer its emails, you will get the same response of many Thai companies.

By: Anonymous: Sly ()  Tuesday, 30 March 2010 @ 06:51 PM ICT  

Nothing is lost, I cannot remember, Yamaha Motor using the Bangkok Motorshow as a platform to introduce new motorcycles onto the market.

Even Yamaha Thailand introduced the new Mio 125 early February, clearly they did not saw the importance of introducing it at the Bangkok Motorshow.

And the 'Yamaha' people at an event as the Bangkok Motorshow are often not that well informed, some even have to look-up some simple specs questions of regular scooter models.

Therefore it is still possible that the Yamaha V-Star 250 comes to Thailand. Only sometimes bigger companies work a bit slower

By: Anonymous: SHELL ()  Wednesday, 31 March 2010 @ 05:58 PM ICT  

I asked about the V-Star 250ath the Bangkok Motor Show and was told that these will not be available in the Thai market. but again, any information given by sales reps of any big company should not be taken as 100% accurate.

(re: emailing Thai companies; I emailed a well known English language tutoring school and ended up with the same conclusions that either they are not able to communicate effectively in English (and ignored the email) or they just don't care.)

14 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association