By: Anonymous: Will ()  Monday, 08 March 2010 @ 07:45 PM ICT (Read 3561 times)  

Long live scooters!. Two-wheel pleasure that is easier to use and generally more comfortable than other two-wheelers. A guy who lives around the block from me Triumph sportsbike owner caught a glimpse of my Honda PCX scooter and asked me if it was a 250cc! He's not blind, he just knows a good look and performance when he sees it!

Not so long ago I was told that Michelin is working on a airless scooter tire. I believe that an airless scooter tire would be amazing. I checked several Michelin websites and the airless scooter tire won't be on the market for another 10 years! Guess Michelin cannot rush scooter tire development.

I live in rural Southeast Thailand and we have none exposure to rider training courses. I emailed a well-known scooter and motorcycle rider training organization and asked them what it would take to get them out to the Southeast rural regions of Thailand to run some courses. I thought if I knew what was required I could try to drum up some business and make it a reality. The response was, in polite Thai and translated by my wife “We don't have any courses running in your area at this time.”

So do others have maybe ideas how we can organize rider trainings – courses for rural Thailand?

By: Matty (offline)  Tuesday, 09 March 2010 @ 06:06 AM ICT  

I dont like your chances of organising this, It would probably only be of interest to a few foriegners who have never rode or not rode a motorbike for many years.
Most Thais have grown up ( from not long after birth ) on the back of motorbikes, They are used for everyday family transport and are a natural progression from kids bicycles to riding the family motorcycle.
i cant see too many Thai people wanting this course or prepared to pay for one when family members can teach them how to ride.
Matt..

Matty

Group Comfort
Level:
: +2

By: Anonymous: Suus ()  Thursday, 12 July 2012 @ 01:13 AM ICT  

Will, what is the name of the 'well-known scooter and motorcycle rider training organization'? And where do they give their courses?
I really want to start taking motorcycle lessons but can't find a good training organization in Thailand.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 12 July 2012 @ 11:06 PM ICT  

Quote by: Suus

Will, what is the name of the 'well-known scooter and motorcycle rider training organization'? And where do they give their courses?
I really want to start taking motorcycle lessons but can't find a good training organization in Thailand.

Probably the best know motorcycle / scooter riding training is organized by Honda Thailand. I also believe that Yamaha has a similar riders training, but I currently have no information about them.

Anyway both Honda and Yamaha do not offer riders training outside the greater Bangkok area...

From the archives I have a brochure of the Honda riders training, it's mostly in Thai – but even without the help of somebody who can read Thai you can figure it out pretty quickly.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

4 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 135 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association