By: finzean100 (offline)  Monday, 01 March 2010 @ 01:11 PM ICT (Read 13166 times)  

Hi, New Member here!!!!! I live in Udonthani (Issan) .I want to buy a motorcycle to take around Thailand and surrounding Countries.To be perfectly honest I do not really like Motorcycles and have not ridden one since I was 16( I am now considerably older than 16.) Given the climate, this I imagine ,is one of the best places to ride a bike so I figured I would give it one last try.

My original interest was in the Honda Phantom (this is in my price range). But after reading some people on this sites comments on the Phantom I have had a rethink!!! The bike I think I am interested in is the Kawasaki 175 Boss.This brings me to the first obstacle I cannot find anyone in Udonthani who sells them. I was offered a second hand one but am loth to get into the quagmire of buying anything second hand in Thailand (one hears too many scarey stories. Let me get to the point where can I find a reputable dealer in Issan that actually stocks and sells these bikes>

Thanks in advance

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:
: 0

By: news (offline)  Monday, 01 March 2010 @ 02:00 PM ICT  

First we want to welcome you as one of our latest members.

Second 2010 is the year that most manufacturers will come with new models, models that will be more fuel-efficient more modern in specifications.

The Honda Phantom TA200 is currently going out of production at Honda Thailand, most people expect that Honda, and several other manufacturers will introduce 250cc models at the [event:20081216071350584 31th Bangkok Motorshow].

We therefore can only recommend one thing, wait a few weeks and see what new motorcycles come to the market after the Bangkok Motorshow.Road Cruise

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: finzean100 (offline)  Tuesday, 02 March 2010 @ 02:00 PM ICT  

Hi news thanks for prompt response. As I said yesterday I am not interested in The Honda Phantom,after some of the comments I saw on this site it does not look like much of a choice!!!! But I would really appreciate a little guidance as to what is available at a similar price tag i.e.90,000 Baht.I want an easy to ride comfortable touring bike.I understand that the trade off here is that it will not be automatic and easy to ride round town but I have my jacayan for that!!!!

From what I read the Kawasaki Boss seemed like a strong contender but if anyone has any ideas at all I would love to hear them I hope to get a bike by the first week in April so I can do my next Visa run to Lao with it and spend a few weeks having a look at Lao.

Any and all advice will be really welcome!!!

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Bart ()  Tuesday, 02 March 2010 @ 02:30 PM ICT  

Currently I would not invest in a Kawasaki Boss 175, as Honda is said to introduce a new 223cc modern motorcycle to replace the aging Honda Phantom TA200. The Kawasaki Boss is a good alternative for the Honda Phantom TA200 but will it be a good alternative for the latest technology from Honda?

Therefore most of us, will wait until the 31th Bangkok Motorshow to see the latest offerings. 90,000 Baht be a lot of money to hear just over 2 weeks that Kawasaki, Honda or another motorcycle manufacturer has introduced the bike with the specification you like.

By: Anonymous: Mark ()  Tuesday, 02 March 2010 @ 02:36 PM ICT  

Even if you buy you Kawasaki Boss today there is no guaranty that you have all the paperwork ready to do a border-crossing in April.

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Tuesday, 02 March 2010 @ 05:54 PM ICT  

Rumors go that Yamaha is going to introduce the Virago 250 in Thailand. The Yamaha Virago 250 is currently being manufactured in Malaysia and with the ASEAN free-trade-agreement Yamaha Thailand can import them without import duty.

The Yamaha Virago 250 is powered by a 249cc air-cooled, 60-degree V-twin engine with a long, 66mm stroke produces plenty of bottom-end torque and smooth roll-on power. Single 26mm Mikuni downdraft carburetor ensures optimal fuel/air mixing and delivery with superb throttle response. Widely geared five-speed transmission makes the most of Virago 250's powerband. Easy, dependable electric starting. Beautiful dual chrome exhaust pipes let the engine breathe and put out that classic V-twin rumble. Automatic cam chain tensioner virtually eliminates maintenance and helps extend engine life.
Click on image to openClick on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: finzean100 (offline)  Wednesday, 03 March 2010 @ 10:54 AM ICT  

Thank you for the replies guys.The fog is beginning to lift a little!!!! And particular thanks to Thai Design The Yamaha Viraga looks just the job.I am actually looking forward to getting on a bike and seeing if I can ride it without falling off!! I had a bike when I was 16 a Royal Enfield super five for those of you who go back that far!!!!!! I was rubbish as a rider so may see if I can get a couple of lessons!!!! Any road up fingers crossed that they do start importing the Yamaha. Thanks to everyone.I must say this is a very positive friendly site.

Martin Grant

finzean100

Group Comfort
Level:

7 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 132 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association