By: Anonymous: Simon ()  Monday, 22 February 2010 @ 11:38 AM ICT (Read 2937 times)  

I have a 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 650R. I love the bike and have a q2uation about exhaust systems. I have heard bikes with the muffler cut off. The sound is amazing. If you left the pipe like that could it hurt the engine? If so what could be done to prevent damage? I have considered cutting the pipe and welding a megaphone type extension but it would still have no real muffler.

By: Richard (offline)  Monday, 22 February 2010 @ 02:16 PM ICT  

Likely the only permanent damage is to your ears, attracting much more attention of the Thai police and gives you a bad reputation in your community (MooBaan).

Removing the muffler off your Kawasaki Ninja 650R probably won't wreck anything but its performance will be noticeable less the with the muffler. So, if your goal is to make less horsepower, go slower, alienate yourself from anybody around you and get much friendlier with the law enforcement, it's a great idea.

Otherwise, visit a motorcycle shop who sells some aftermarket exhaust system, they have probably a muffler which sounds a bit more muscle without breaking the law.

Richard

Group Comfort
Level:
: +10

By: Anonymous: Lee ()  Thursday, 25 February 2010 @ 03:06 PM ICT  

I'm looking for a exhaust pipe for my Kawasaki Ninja 650R, anybody can give me an address in Thailand?

3 posts :: Page 1 of 1
Advertising
Poll

Do you like MotoGP racing? Which team do you like?

•  Yamaha
  •  Honda
  •  Ducati
  •  Apriiia
  •  Suzuki
  •  KTM
  •  No Specific Team
This poll has 0 more questions.
Results
Other polls | 134 votes | 0 Comments
TMEA MEMBER
Thai Motorcycle Enterprise Association