By: Anonymous: Cam ()  Saturday, 19 January 2008 @ 09:19 PM ICT (Read 29059 times)  

Greetings,

On Wednesday, October 03 2007 you published the article Turning a Yamaha Fino into a Racer.

In this article you mention a tuning kit. Would you mind sharing with me where you sourced it, as it seems to be of much higher spec than anything that I have been able to find?

Thanks,

Cam.

By: news (offline)  Saturday, 19 January 2008 @ 09:34 PM ICT  

Hello Cam,

The bore-up kit we used was official not made for a Yamaha Fino, it was a Yamaha Nouvo bore-up kit. As you probably know is the engine for the Yamaha Fino, Mio and Nouvo the same one.

The bore-up kit we used is available from AseanMoto and I belief they are upgrading there website, so you can contact them by email sales[at]aseanmoto.com

Click on image to open

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: Bern ()  Thursday, 04 December 2008 @ 09:33 AM ICT  

Hello Mr Admin,

If i replace the camshaft with a costume made hyper camshaft, the result that you said surely adds torque and horsepower to the little Yamaha Fino. but, can i know the negative effect to the engine if i replace the camshaft? for your information,i already change the block size up to 58mm. im using my fino for normal ride, not for racing.

By: news (offline)  Thursday, 04 December 2008 @ 11:50 AM ICT  

Replacing the original camshaft with an aftermarket "hyper" camshaft will have the effect that your motorcycle will become a bit thirstier. As your bike becomes snappier, some call it more nervous, as with even a little twist of the throttle will make the engine rev.

If you ride your Yamaha Fino on long stretches of road, you will find that with an aftermarket hyper camshaft it is more difficult to keep a constant speed on your motorcycle.

The quicker revving of the engine will also put somewhat more stress on other engine components. It is wish to use the best engine oil you can get, and better be early then late with changing the oil.

For the quality of the camshaft itself, we have seen some bad quality aftermarket camshafts, made from steel that is totally not suitable to make a camshaft.

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: Anonymous: martin ()  Wednesday, 08 June 2011 @ 04:16 PM ICT  

i have a fino and i used it to go to my work i need some advice on how to improve its performance. is it a good idea if i change the rear brakes to caliper one? cheers!

5 posts :: Page 1 of 1