84 posts :: Page 3 of 6
By: Anonymous: Ben ()  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 02:54 PM ICT  

One small, maybe even negative, thing about the new Honda PCX150i is that the combustion volume of the engine is bigger than 150cc (152.9cc precise) what means that you pay more insurance and probably road tax for the new Honda PCX150i.

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 03:20 PM ICT  

Quote by: Ben

One small, maybe even negative, thing about the new Honda PCX150i is that the combustion volume of the engine is bigger than 150cc (152.9cc precise) what means that you pay more insurance and probably road tax for the new Honda PCX150i.

How much money do we talk about per year, 100 or 200 THB per year? I think that most people are willing to pay that for a scooter that is remarkable more powerful. The Honda PCX150i will be a best seller...

news

Group Comfort
Level:
: +34

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 06:35 PM ICT  

Quote by: news

Quote by: Ben

How much money do we talk about per year, 100 or 200 THB per year? I think that most people are willing to pay that for a scooter that is remarkable more powerful. The Honda PCX150i will be a best seller...

News i dont feel very well by your last coment,anyway what am i to look for i think 9 months old 10000 k on clock to trade in for the 150i,no finance on scooter.same old thing new model comes out is it really that much better,i cannot as you know stand that speed limit at 102kph and a cheap Yahama can sale by me.what would you say just a rough guess and will not hold against you.thanks

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:
: +1

By: news (offline)  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 07:08 PM ICT  

Sorry Andy,

I didn't want anybody to feel bad... the only thing is that a scooter or motorcycle with a engine size bigger than 150cc is in a different group for insurance and road tax, but the extra cost is per year not more than 200 THB.

If I was you I would not trade-in your Honda PCX 125i at the Honda dealer, they very likely not give you a good price. You better sell the Honda PCX125i private in some classifieds on Thai websites, you get a much better price...

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 07:15 PM ICT  

Sorry Andy,

I didn't want anybody to feel bad... the only thing is that a scooter or motorcycle with a engine size bigger than 150cc is in a different group for insurance and road tax, but the extra cost is per year not more than 200 THB.

If I was you I would not trade-in your Honda PCX 125i at the Honda dealer, they very likely not give you a good price. You better sell the Honda PCX125i private in some classifieds on Thai websites, you get a much better price...

Hello News i dont mind 200 bht extra cost for tax etc only joking,but more serious is had a friend that phoned me has been everywhere in Pattaya for the 150i he has told me 81000BHT was the cheapest he could get and he would have to wait,normally he is a good source but does this sound real to you as im in the Northeast.got a new Sym dealer opened up here let you know if anything good their.

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: andyc (offline)  Tuesday, 20 March 2012 @ 07:23 PM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Sorry Andy,

Hello News i dont mind 200 bht extra cost for tax etc only joking,but more serious is had a friend that phoned me has been everywhere in Pattaya for the 150i he has told me 81000BHT was the cheapest he could get and he would have to wait,normally he is a good source but does this sound real to you as im in the Northeast.got a new Sym dealer opened up here let you know if anything good their.

Sorry forgot to say if it is really better scooter and you do not get that dreaded pulling,performance is far better,i will change,as i think the 125 is under powered at to speed ,spend 20000bht less and you can pass a PCX

andyc

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Anonymous: Richard ()  Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 07:46 AM ICT  

Quote by: andyc

Sorry Andy,

This is Thailand, when a new version of a popular model comes on the market everybody needs one. Wait a month, maybe two, and the whole run on the new Honda PCX150i is over and available at the local dealer at “regular” Honda prices...

By: Anonymous: Chaidee ()  Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 02:36 PM ICT  

I want to buy a Honda PCX150i but who is the most reliable dealer in Pattaya? Anybody have experience with Mityon on South Pattaya Road?

By: ThaiDesign (offline)  Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 03:45 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chaidee

I want to buy a Honda PCX150i but who is the most reliable dealer in Pattaya? Anybody have experience with Mityon on South Pattaya Road?

From what I understand is that Mityon Pattaya is a very capable Honda dealer with serious mechanics that know what they are doing.

Click on image to open

ThaiDesign

Group Comfort
Level:
: +30

By: news (offline)  Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 09:12 PM ICT  

Quote by: Chaidee

With the big Mityon dealer on South Pattaya Road it seems to be a good or not so good experience. Some people seem very happy with the service and others have the idea that service is not so good.

news

Group Comfort
Level:

By: Flying Squirrel (offline)  Wednesday, 21 March 2012 @ 10:20 PM ICT  

With the big Mityon dealer on South Pattaya Road it seems to be a good or not so good experience. Some people seem very happy with the service and others have the idea that service is not so good.

"Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by traffic from both sides."

~ Margaret Thatcher.

Flying Squirrel

Group Comfort
Level:
: +6

By: Anonymous: Bart ()  Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 09:11 AM ICT  

If you buy a motorcycle or scooter in Thailand you always should keep your eyes open and ask questions if you not fully understand something. I personally have no experience with Mityon, but what I hear is that they are a pretty big outfit.

In my country we have a saying “Big trees get all the wind”, meaning that by selling a lot of motorcycles you also get more complains. One time I was told by a motorcycle manufacturer that from every 10 motorcycles sold 1 person will complain about the dealership. So I guess if a small dealer who sells 1 or 2 motorcycles per week not often has buyers who complain, while a big outfit like Mityon in Pattaya who sell a few hundred motorcycles would get on average a few people who feel they are mistreated... And remember happy people never search for publicity, they to busy riding around happy with there new Honda scooter or motorcycle...

And the truth is, if you want to buy a Honda PCX150i in Pattaya you likely have to deal with one of the Mityon dealerships. So knowing that some people have reservations about them you can prepare yourself and be extra careful... and if they promise something let them write it down...

By: Anonymous: David ()  Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 02:36 PM ICT  

Just getting back to the range of prices various Honda dealers seem to be asking for the 150i, apparently claiming that
the discrepancies are due to freight costs.

It appears to me that Kawasaki dealers throughout the country charge the same prices for their bikes regardless of where the dealer
is located. eg the KLX250 is 152,000 baht everywhere (I believe). They either don't charge extra for freight or incorporate it into their
retail price.

A friend has bought a 150i in Chiang Rai and the price he paid is higher than what I was quoted in Chiang Mai.
Some consistency would be good AP Honda (no good emailing them because they never reply).
And so would one set price.

By: Anonymous: Multivar ()  Thursday, 22 March 2012 @ 02:38 PM ICT  

Anybody interested in the new Variator MALOSSI Multivar for the Honda PCX?

The Multivar from MALOSSI features redesigned roller weight tracks and a self-lubricating sliding bushing made from sintered steel. Its primary drive, which is made from high-quality alloy steel, has sliding surfaces that are coated with a grounded hardchrome layer. The primary sliding sheave is crafted from a silicon-aluminium alloy using high precision CNC machines and finally treated with diamond cutting. The usual loss of performance of the variator could thus be reduced by up to 30%! The high-strength calibrated roller weights do not need any additional lubrication as they are made from a durable PTFE mixture. If you are looking for the perfect combination of high-tech material and a reasonable price, this tuning variator is the obvious choice.

By: news (offline)  Friday, 23 March 2012 @ 06:51 AM ICT  

Quote by: Multivar

Anybody interested in the new Variator MALOSSI Multivar for the Honda PCX?

The Multivar from MALOSSI features redesigned roller weight tracks and a self-lubricating sliding bushing made from sintered steel. Its primary drive, which is made from high-quality alloy steel, has sliding surfaces that are coated with a grounded hardchrome layer. The primary sliding sheave is crafted from a silicon-aluminium alloy using high precision CNC machines and finally treated with diamond cutting. The usual loss of performance of the variator could thus be reduced by up to 30%! The high-strength calibrated roller weights do not need any additional lubrication as they are made from a durable PTFE mixture. If you are looking for the perfect combination of high-tech material and a reasonable price, this tuning variator is the obvious choice.

I'm a bit surprised. Does Malossi already have aftermarket variator for the Honda PCX150i? Or is this just the variator for the 125cc PCX model?

news

Group Comfort
Level:

84 posts :: Page 3 of 6